Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Get on the fast track to a more rewarding career with National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car - teams that are committed to quality, innovation, customer satisfaction and employee development.
We are a multi-billion dollar industry leader that is rapidly expanding and growing. At National and Alamo, exciting careers and opportunities are made possible, because how far you go is really up to you. It's a fast-paced, people oriented business that offers incredible earning potential and performance-based promotions.
Our philosophy is to take care of our customers and employees first. We know if we do this, success will follow - for both our company and our employees.
National and Alamo has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Technician (Maintenance Technician (Oil, Lube & Tire Technician) at the Baton Rouge Airport, Baker, LA.
The Maintenance Technician performs car and bus service, repair, preventive maintenance, in-fleeting service, and buy back/turn back service according to company policy and procedures. This is a position of routine difficulty requiring the exercise of reasonable judgment and initiative. Performs all responsibilities with a focus on the needs of our customers and in accordance with our Quality Standards.
This position is located at the Baton Rouge Airport - Baker, LA
Must be available to work nights and weekends
This is a part-time position
- Perform complete vehicle maintenance inspection including tires, brakes, and all fluid levels.
Perform preventive maintenance (oil change and tire rotation) service according to the manufacturer’s specifications and guidelines.
Provide safe and reliable vehicles upon completion of repairs and preventative maintenance.
- Repair and replace tires.
- Replacement of wearable parts (i.e. bulbs, wipers).
Maintain vehicle repair history by documenting a Repair Order to accurately reflect steps taken and part(s) used during the repair.
- Comply with part and inventory tracking procedures.
- May process new fleet, fuel reclamation or buy-backs.
Maintain safe and clean work area.
Perform other related duties as required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of 1 year experience handling mechanical service procedures to perform fleet maintenance activities
- Must be able to work outside in covered area with exposure to all types of weather and temperatures
- Moderate physical activity which requires handling of objects up to 25 pounds with long periods of standing and walking
- Requires ownership of standard hand tools to perform basic maintenance and repair responsibilities
- Must have a valid driver's license with no more than 2 moving violations and/or at-fault accidents on driving record within the past 3 years, and no drug or alcohol related convictions on driving record within the past 5 years (DUI/DWI).
- Must have a basic level computer skills
- Must be able to understand, read, write, and speak English
- Must be willing to accept the starting rate of pay of $11.00 per hour
Apart from religious observation, must be able to work the following shift/schedule:
- Must be available to work nights and weekends including holidays
- Schedule 2:00 pm - 8:00 pm
This is a part-time position (25 hours Max per week)
The position pays $11.00 per hour
Location: Baton Rouge Airport
A little about us:
Integrity. Responsibility. Team spirit. At Enterprise, we were founded on the same values that defined your military career.