At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description: 3M is seeking a Maintenance Person for the Abrasive Systems Division located in Royersford, PA. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go. Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Maintenance Technician will provide multi craft service for the Machine Shop and Plating Facility. Work with lead persons, project leaders and supervision/management. This position reports to Plant Engineering Manager. Primary Responsibilities
include, but are not limited to the following:
This position will require:
- Maintain a safe work environment, maintain good personal safety record, report unsafe conditions or equipment
- Perform basic mechanical, electrical, building, grounds and preventative maintenance across the plant while maintaining a safe work environment
- Perform and/or assist in equipment installation, calibration and relocation
- Perform duties as required in the wood working area
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Short Notice Shift Coverage as needed
- Working a fixed 1st shift
- Obtaining certifications as required (i.e. Hoist, PIV, electrical, confined space, working at heights- Training will be provided)
- Driving company vehicle(s)
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum three (3) years in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum one (1) year of maintenance experience
- Possess a current and valid driver's license
- Minimum five (5) years of maintenance experience
- Previous experience operating manual machines (lathe, mill, grinder)
- Possess an Electrical certification
- Functional and technical skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills; including experience in Excel, Word, and SAP
- Previous HVAC experience
- Knowledge and understanding of controls and instrumentation
- Attention to detail and have sound judgment
- Strong conceptual skills
- Ability to effectively plan daily activities
- Team oriented and possess interpersonal skills
: Royersford, PA Relocation:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M elected testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.