At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:
The MultiSkill Technician I position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment inclusive of pneumatic and hydraulic control systems. Execution of maintenance procedures and techniques for a safe, reliable and efficient operation of our asset while supporting our business goals and objectives. The position of MultiSkilled Technician I provide first response technical support for maximizing equipment uptime, troubleshooting equipment failures while analyzing performance and suggesting design improvements to improve the reliability of our assets. As a member of the Plant Engineering Team, the MultiSkilled Tech I is required to interface and demonstrate teamwork with all departments including: Engineering (Process and Project), Operations, Logistics, and the Laboratory. Primary Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and improve mechanical equipment and components. These components may include:
- Pneumatic and hydraulic components
- Gearboxes, couplings and power transmission systems
- Bearings and lubrication practices
- Pumps, valves, pumping and piping systems
- Clutch, brakes and drive components
- Perform basic fabrication and machining tasks:
- Set up and operate shop equipment and portable power tools
- Use precision measuring equipment for machining
- Maintain and improve vacuum pumps, hydraulic pumps, chemical feed pumps, centrifugal pumps, gear pumps, vane pumps, auger and screw pumps and pneumatic diaphragm pumps.
- Perform millwright tasks:
- Moving material, equipment and machinery using standard methods of lifting, rigging, hoisting, blocking, skidding and rolling. Level and tram rolls
- Perform Preventive, Predictive, and Emergency Maintenance inclusive of:
- Production equipment, material handling equipment, safety devices and facility utilities following standard procedures as indicated on PM route sheets or in equipment manuals
- Set-up PM's on new equipment
- Update PM's on existing equipment for frequency and job plan
- Follow the maintenance work management process, which includes utilizing the maintenance management software to identify equipment problems, obtain parts, document findings, track personal labor hours and material on jobs, capture repair history, etc
- Contribute to Manufacturing Conscious Engineering by participating in development and coordination of engineering projects, including design, procurement and installation of new equipment and modification of existing equipment.
- Maintain a safe and organized work environment.
This position will require:
- High School Diploma, GED or higher
This position may require:
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings
- Ability to communicate, both written and oral, technical information to a diverse audience
- Working overtime
- Weekend work
- Holidays as needed
- Short notice shift coverage
Body of Knowledge Development
- Associates degree in an engineering related field (Mechatronics, Industrial Electronics, Robotics & Automation, etc)
- Experience with reliability analysis, predictive (PdM), and preventative maintenance (PM).
- High level of understanding and ability to use analytical tools and troubleshooting
3M Skills Assessment - Post hire
Mechanical - 70 questions
Electrical/Systems - 70 questions
Both Mechanical and Electrical/Systems sections are required for MultiSkilled Technician I employees
The collective results of pre hire (60 questions) and post hire (70 questions) should be used to outline development program(s) specific to each employee.
Manufacturing Asset Management Predictive Tools
Location: Charlotte, NC
Relocation: Is not authorized Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.