At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Maintenance Technician for the Personal Safety Division located in Indianapolis, IN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Maintenance Technician
will be responsible for maintenance of production, assembly and packaging equipment; troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, installation and start-up of new equipment. The position will require working with engineering and production personnel during the troubleshooting, modification, fabrication, welding, and repair of plant equipment, utilities and processes. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position will require:
- Capable of quickly coming up to speed and becoming fully competent in the diagnosis, trouble-shooting and repair of the following equipment: pick and place robotics, indexing tables, vibratory feeder bowls, conveyors, box erectors, vertical baggers, in-line packaging machines, dot matrix printers, pumps, mixers, dispensing systems for fluids , air-vey units , microwave dryers, air powered handling systems, laser, UV curing , presses, loaders, and ultra sonic welding
- Electronic, pneumatic, and mechanical equipment troubleshooting and repair
- Knowledgeable in PLC's, AC and DC drives
- Operational knowledge in high-speed assembly and packaging machinery repair, installation, modification and adjustments
- Operational knowledge of general ship machining and fabrication equipment including lathe, drills, mills and saws
- Working within all safety guidelines, policies and procedures
- Weekend work
- Working overtime
- Working 12 hour night shifts
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum three (3) years of industrial maintenance experience
- Two (2) year technical degree in a maintenance field
- Experience installing, diagnosing and repairing high speed assembly and/or automated packaging machinery in a manufacturing environment
- Experience diagnosing and repairing electrical power supply, machine control device, pneumatic, hydraulic equipment(s) in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working as an industrial maintenance mechanic
- Experience with troubleshooting and problem solving in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in tool design and/or fabrication
- Strong Computer skills
- Ability to work independently or with teams
- Strong written and oral communication skills
: Indianapolis, INRelocation:
Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status.)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.