Critical Utilities Maintenance Technician - FWN
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posted: November 10, 2017
Reference ID: 226533BR
The Water Systems technician is responsible for the day today operation of his/her water systems and to ensure the water quality and systems are operating at peak performance at all time. The technician will execute and maintain these systems in accordance with local standards, procedures, and industry knowledge as may be relevant to the equipment at Alcon.
The Water Systems technician will be responsible for the day to day operation of his/her systems to ensure water quality and equipment are operating at peak performance levels at all times.
• This individual will lean on industry knowledge of process water systems and industrial grade water production equipment to support the manufacturing efforts at Alcon.
• This individual will be responsible for the daily maintenance requirements set forth by the fixed maintenance program at Alcon utilizing systems of Maximo, TrackWise, or as may directed by maintenance supervisors/managers.
• All maintenance performed by this individual will be executed in accordance with local SOPs, technical manuals, and industry knowledge of water production while adhering to the strict requirements of local Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Current Good Documentation Practices (cGDP), and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) requirements.
• This person will have basic mechanical and electrical trouble-shooting skills, perform both scheduled and un-scheduled maintenance during regular shift hours and have the ability to support the manufacturing efforts of the facility outside of normal working hours.
• Proactive engagement is required to maintain aseptic personnel certification, investigator certification, and any local or industry certification as may be required for the execution of his/her duties.
• Additional duties will include water quality analysis including water sample collection, testing and interpretation. Additionally, the technician will be responsible for monitoring/maintaining plant equipment, pumps, motors, and operation of the Supervisory Control and data Accession (SCADA) system as necessary.
• It is expected of this individual to clearly communicate any work related information both orally and in written format and to articulate thoughts and ideas as may be needed in support of SOP updates, investigations, and daily communications.
• This individual, with minimal supervision, will have the initiative to identify problems, engage with his/her team to implement solutions to enhance quality, while also working with compliance toincrease reliability and reduce cost.
Interfaces: Work with Quality Assurance on product quality issues and compliance activities.
• Communicate and work with Maintenance to resolve problems with equipment.
• He/she will work with suppliers to identify spare parts and work with factory representatives and contractors to ensure work is performed in accordance with cGMP and SOPs. Assist plant engineers in new equipment startups and engineering changes.
Team: Support training of new co-workers, and share knowledge and experience with co-workers to develop the team's overall capability.
• Listen attentively and communicate clearly with customers, suppliers, coworkers and associates at all levels of the organization.
• Work with Production to determine line/equipment reliability issues; provide regular feedback on line/equipment status and estimated time-to-repair.
Safety/Housekeeping: Keep work areas clean and free of hazards or dangerous conditions, and work safely, and performing his/her duties in a safe manner and in accordance with Health, Safety, and Environmental standards.
• Adjust work activities according to shifting production priorities.
Technical: Troubleshoot and maintain equipment to fill and package products in accordance with standards and procedures (cGMP, SOPs, etc).
• Resolve and/or report all discrepancies immediately. EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Minimum requirements High school diploma or equivalent with 2 years formal training
Fluent in English
4 years directly related experience