Location: McDonough, Georgia
Posted: December 08, 2016
Reference ID: 2116217810
Adecco is looking for Maintenance Technicians in the McDonough area for a long term opportunity at a great company. Must have strong mechanical skills and previous maintenance experience. Pay is $20/hr. could be more depending on experience.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• 4-6 years experience in an industrial maintenance environment.
• Mastered Maintenance Tech D and C skills and completed some of the training for B level.
• Good Verbal/Written communication skills.
• Thorough working knowledge of all tools, procedures and methods utilized in an industrial maintenance environment.
• Thorough working knowledge of all electrical and mechanical systems in an industrial environment.
• Good working knowledge of all electronic and PLC based applications in an industrial environment.
• Specific experience with metalworking and fabrication equipment is desired.
• Ability and willingness to learn and apply new technologies and management concepts as adopted by management.
• Must have mechanical aptitude
• Advanced shop mathematics
• Knowledgeable in the use of mechanical and electronic measuring instruments, hand tools and power tools that may be used to install or repair various types and sizes of equipment
• Able to manage several plant wide tasks concurrently
• Familiar with all applicable safety and environmental codes, rules and regulation as applied.
• Basic Computer literacy.
• Demonstrates ability to interface professionally with all other departments
• Direct Contract work efforts safely and cost effectively
• Technicians must be adaptable to change and able to make decisions and take responsibility.
- Experience in pumps, welding, bearings, electrical safety, forklifts, gears, hydraulics, valves, and
rigging (ladders, scaffolds and heavy lifting).
- Basic Math
- Pipes and valves - safety, fittings, steam traps, non-destructive examination and motor operators
- Safety - General chemical awareness, hazards, and safety basics
- Asset Maintenance Management System
- Tools: power, shop, mechanical fasteners
- Blueprint reading
- Safety Related Issues - LOTO, fire sprinkler, and FMEA
- LLS Skills - Visual, 5S and Lean Sigma 6 principles
- Electrical Maintenance - battery system, wiring, conduit installation, cables, conductors, relays II, electrical diagrams, test equipment, fasteners, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Hydraulics - basic, maintenance-component inspection, fluids and reservoirs, maintenance
- valves II diagrams, pumps, actuators, and troubleshooting hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Electrical Motors - DC motors, three phase, branch circuit protection, electrical theory: national electronic code and AC motor controllers
- Fundamentals in shaft alignment
- Welding - Oxyfuel gas welding, MIG/TIG welding
- Utilities - RO water, soft water, water treatment for plant systems II and boiler applications
- Pumps - positive displacement pumps, centrifugal pumps, multi-stage centrifugal, troubleshooting, and overhauling
- PLC fundamentals
- Facilities/Utilities - power distribution and boiler operation
- Sustainability - conservation of resources such as water, compressed air, and steam.
- Compressors - centrifugal and reciprocating
- Shaft alignment: reverse dial and laser
- Introduction to vibration analysis
o Does de-energizing the lower control coil of a latching relay cause the contacts to return to their original positions?
• o What are the three common causes of electrical failure in three phase motors?
• o What is one of the first signs of bearing failure?
o How many belts should you replace if one of a set fails?
o What is the most important part of a PM program?
o How can you check a cylinder for proper operation?
If you know answers to these basic questions, then we would be interested in reviewing your resume for this assignment.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen. High school diploma required
Adecco provides one of the most comprehensive benefits package in the industry to contract workers. Benefits are available to you as a contractor after one week of employment.
Click on Apply Now to be considered for this Maintenance Technician position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled