Minneapolis, Minnesota - United States Overtime Status:
Nonexempt (N) Reports to/Dept:
Days Facilities StewardJob DescriptionJob Title:
The purpose of the Facilities Steward position is to create and maintain a world-class environment in the Minneapolis Roofing plant.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Notify your supervisor immediately of any accident, near miss or on-the-job injury when it occurs no matter how insignificant it may seem.
- Take personal ownership to work safely each and every day, and hold other team members to the same high standards of safety.
- Identify and repair unsafe conditions and report them immediately to supervisor.
- Applying high personal standards as you carry out the specific cleaning and painting tasks, as specified, in a timely manner.
- Development of visual standards and supporting documentation.
- Painting, cleaning, sweeping of various areas throughout the facility.
- Maintain outside areas; mowing, trimming, snow and ice removal (plowing and salting)
- Assist with plant improvement projects as directed.
- Any other task or duty that is assigned by your leader
- Comply with all plant rules
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Regular Attendance on site and ability to rotate to varying shifts
- All other duties as assigned or needed
The employee should hold the following abilities:
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
- Good communication skills
- Accountability and ownership for actions
- Able to think under pressure and make quick decisions
- Ability to work well in a team or alone
- Able to communicate in English
- Ability to read a tape measure and do basic math
- Able to learn the responsibilities of the position.
- Basic computer skills (E-Mail, Excel, Word, SAP)
The employee must be able to:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Must be able to operate a computer or other keyboard instrument
- Basic computer skills (E-Mail, Excel, Word, SAP)
The employee should have the following:
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Some manufacturing experience is helpful
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Ability to stand for 10 - 12 hours straight
- Able to climb and descend stairs for up to 12 hours continuously
- Lift and push and pull 40lbs.
- Able to do repetitive hand, arm, leg movements for 8 hours
- Must be able to squat, bend at the waist and knees freely
- Exposure to temperature extremes
- Exposure to sounds or noise levels that maybe uncomfortable
- Bending and twisting
- Handle, control or feel objects, tools or control
- Repetitive movements
It is a requirement to be a U.S. citizen OR have valid proof of authorization to work in the United States.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology