Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description Position Summary: While working under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Technician will perform daily building maintenance duties including, but not limited to, plumbing leaks and stoppages, lighting repairs/replacement, minor electrical replacements, minor HVAC troubleshooting and reporting, structural component repairs (carpentry), painting, furniture assembly and repair and general duties. Essential Functions: MAINTENANCE WORKER 1 MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
Entry level position with some skills in required areas of expertise. TECHNICAL:
- Read, write and speak English
- 18 years of age or older
- Basic skills in carpentry, mechanical, electrical, landscaping and/or painting preferred
- Must show an aptitude for basic mechanics, maintenance, and construction.
- Assist more senior maintenance workers in all areas of maintenance, repair or replacement of components
- Insure cleanliness of grounds by removing trash and debris and cleaning all public areas
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills when encountering guests
- Be able to use basic hand and power tools
- Learn to operate company equipment
- Maintain work areas as required
- Attend training courses or seminars
- Utilize all safety equipment and ensure all safety procedures are adhered to
- Become familiar with required paperwork and recordkeeping.
- Must be able to work with diverse populations in a supportive and positive manner
- Work outside in extreme heat or cold weather conditions and committed to delivering the highest quality of work possible
- Any other task assigned by maintenance manager or supervisor
- Supply own hand tools
- Report to work when scheduled in proper uniform
- Show desire to advance through on-the-job-training and service seminars.
- Broaden skills through on the job training
- Become more knowledgeable in overall maintenance of buildings and grounds
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid PA driver's license.
- Three (3) years in building maintenance trades.
- Able and willing to work in inclement weather.
- Working knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems and general carpentry.
- Full range of mobility outdoors, indoors, and in confining areas, using stairs, ramps, or ladders.
- Must comply with all applicable safety and local regulations, standards, and procedures.