Want a job you can feel good about? Leading to better encompasses everything we do at Kerry, it's how we've become the world's leading taste and nutrition company. Whether it's building sustainable solutions for consumers or building benefits and opportunities for employees, the main thread of the Kerry fabric is #LeadingToBetter. With focus on a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about. Leading to better.
Through sensory science and technology, Kerry develops and manufactures food and beverage solutions for popular brands throughout the world. In fact, you've most likely experienced Kerry in the food or beverages you've consumed in the past few days! Leading to better, together.
Together, we shape how the world views food and beverage. Leading to better, together means we do this in a culture that nurtures agility, speed, quality and safety and we do this through:
- Celebrating curiosity that leads to action
- Empowering our people
- Promoting diverse thinking
- Investing in innovation
- Acting on sustainability
- Embracing our differences
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. Description and Responsibilities
The Electro-Mechanical Technician for Maintenance provides day-to-day electronic, electrical, and mechanical support for the Union City Plant. The Electrical Mechanical Technician will be responsible performing preventative and predictive maintenance , repairs and installation of machinery and equipment, advanced diagnostic troubleshooting as well as complete teardown, rebuild and remanufacture of machinery and related systems, also help the department technicians in all preventative and proactive maintenance functions of the equipment in production. This position is team oriented driven, with excellent communication within the departments as well as the ability to identify problems with team members before issues arise. Qualifications
- Basic skill knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel to perform effectively in daily activities
- Must demonstrate ability to solve problem and multitask
- Must be willing to work nights and 12 hour shifts
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to perform visual inspection process and successfully read and apply technical material including print specifications
- Possess a broad general knowledge of welding techniques (i.e. MIG, TIG, Stick) and must able to apply these techniques to various operations within the plant
- Operate various power tools including but not limited to torque wrenches, calipers, and gauges in a safe and proficient manner
- Ability to work proficiently on pumps , conveyors, screw augers. Gear box.