Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Position Summary:
The Maintenance Worker is responsible for performing a variety of work in the maintenance and repair of buildings and grounds at various facilities/sites in accordance with Aramark standards. This includes, but is not limited to, tasks involving grounds keeping, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, masonry, and painting. Essential Functions:
Status and Scope:
- Log all maintenance issues.
- Maintain a clean work area at all times.
- Repairs and treats structures such as floors, showers, sinks, walls, roofs, and carpets
- Performs minor troubleshooting, repairs, and adjustments of locks on doors, cabinets, desks, closets
- Services appliances , kitchen, and emergency equipment
- Reports mechanical malfunctions to appropriate party for action
- Moves and assists in moving furniture and equipment at various facilities/sites
- Exercises discretion in identifying projects requiring the services of a higher skilled crafts person
- Know and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
- Report to work on time and in complete uniform
- Other duties as assigned
- Reports to Maintenance Manager and General Manager
- Should be able to work all department shifts.
- Knowledge and experience in general maintenance skills including but not limited to, electrical, plumbing and carpentry.
Carpentry Tools, Skill Saws, Drills, Electrical Tools/Fixtures, Plumbing Tools/Fixtures Travel Requirements:
10-20% Lifting Requirements:
MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Physical Requirements:
BENDING CONSTANT KEYING/FINGERING CONSTANT
HEARING CONSTANT REACHING CONSTANT
SEEING CONSTANT SPEAKING CONSTANT
STANDING CONSTANT WALKING CONSTANT
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.