Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description Description:
- Responsible for the collection, processing and disposal of hospital waste and collection, processing/sale of recyclable materials.
- Perform, supervise and instruct in the
- collection, processing and disposal of hospital waste. This includes, but is not limited to the collection of recyclable materials (i.e. paper, cardboard, plastics, etc).
- Participates in the hospital's recycling program; ensuring materials are separated, baled and prepared for disposal/sale of recyclable material.
- Perform in the collection of bio-medical waste. Ensuring that all Federal and Sate policies and procedures relating to bloodbourne pathogens are followed.
- Responsible for the safety or residents in close compounds of hospital grounds as well as transporting waste off-site 30 miles to an approved landfill.
- Provides preventative maintenance, cleaning and servicing on the garbage truck to ensure proper operation and care.
- Responsible for receiving assigned inmates from the Department of Corrections on a daily basis; ensuring their safety until their return to the Department of Corrections.
- Responsible for assigned inmates conduct; applies corrective action in any situation determined to be against the rules, a negative happening that would warrant counseling or that could create problems.
- Responsible for all documentation, reports and forms relating to all inmates incidences.
- Responsible for the teaching of safety rules to all assigned inmates regarding the use of all equipment.
- Follow rules and procedures of the Department of Corrections, including the searches of assigned vehicles, equipment and daily work areas for contraband.
- Follow policies and procedures of Aramark and Florida State Hospital.
- Perform related job duties as required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a Class "B" Driver's License.
- Must obtain and maintain Non-Department of Corrections Inmate Supervisory
- One to two year's experience in the collection of dry waste and separation and processing of recyclable materials in an institutional setting.
- Must be willing to perform a variety of tasks as assigned
- Must possess a working knowledge of gasoline powered landscape equipment (mowers, edgers, trimmers, chainsaw, etc)
- Valid Texas drivers license
- Must be able to lift or move heavy objects up to 80 lbs
- Must be able to stand and work as long as 12 hours in different positions
- Must be able to work outdoors and endure temperature and extreme weather
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.