About Spectrum Enterprise
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, is a national provider of scalable, fiber-based technology solutions serving many of America's largest businesses and communications service providers.
The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions extending to Managed IT solutions, including Application, Cloud Infrastructure and Managed Hosting Services offered by its affiliate, Navisite. Our industry-leading team of experts work closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing these right-fit solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. For more information, visit enterprise.spectrum.com
The Major Account Executive role is strategic in nature and is responsible for acquiring and managing new, enterprise commercial customers. Individuals in this position are responsible for showing prospective clients how Spectrum Enterprise's innovative business solutions will help satisfy their growing complex technology and communications needs.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and implements sales plans for assigned portfolios, including clearly defined strategies that maximize revenue opportunities of new clients
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding monthly revenue sales quota across all products
- Understands the communication needs of enterprise business clients and designs solutions to meet those complex business needs
- Develop customer centric solutions and deliver sales proposals on product features and benefits to CIO, CTO, etc
- Conducts face-to-face consultative needs analysis interviews with prospective customers
- Self-generates leads through industry networking, vertical trade shows and working defined “named account” lists
- Qualifies new leads and requests site surveys to determine serviceability of prospects, including submission of ROI analysis to sales management
- Responsible for the account management and upsell of “named accounts” as assigned
- Maintains all sales databases necessary to report sales activity and customer information
- Works with the Account Management team to ensure timely handoff of most sold accounts for ongoing management and retention
- Works in conjunction with other business services support groups, including sales engineering, sales support and marketing personnel
- 5+ years telecommunications B2B sales experience
- Experience in vertical or working on embedded accounts required
- Must have proven ability to meet $5000/monthly quota in Fiber based internet, data, and voice services at the C-Suite
- Strong presentation ability at C-Suite required since they develop customer centric solutions and deliver proposals on product features and benefits to CIO, CTO, etc.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to travel 75% of the time (including during inclement weather) to and from assigned territories and company facilities using a reliable personal vehicle
- Ability to utilize their resources (Sales Engineers)
- Demonstrated success as a top sales performer, consistently exceeding revenue quota
- Proven business-to-business sales experience with “C level” decision makers
- Strong working knowledge of computer networking, LAN and WAN technologies, high-capacity and fiber connected networks required
- Excellent communication, presentation, closing and negotiation skills
- Must have the ability to learn quickly and apply that knowledge, along with the ability to work in a team
- Valid and active State driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- Attends all sales meetings and training sessions as required by management
- Positive attitude, inner drive to push themselves.
- Coachable, yet has an entrepreneur spirit
- Has the aptitude to learn the product suite and the “Charter way”
- Has the mentality that the base “pays the bills” and the commission earns your lifestyle.
- Cultural Fit – Industry knowledge, Attitude, Aptitude
- Analytical/interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage and foster change
- Demonstrated proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited organization required; Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred (Business-related field).
Related Work Experience
- Five or more years of telecommunications sales with a proven track record; exceeding revenue quotas; preferably selling data, voice and/or video solutions in the telecommunications business-to-business industry