Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms
Working in an assigned area, the Major Account Executive is responsible for developing and expanding business with large existing and new commercial accounts that span multiple territories. Incumbent is responsible for account management for large commercial accounts that span multiple territories as well as designated vertical accounts. This rep will have a commanding knowledge of our product line, as well as that of our services. Major Account Executive is responsible for sale of more sophisticated, integrated solutions and products. Provides input such as, relevant market information relating to sales, competition and marketing strategies, vision and goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Qualifications: Education: Experience:
- Adhere to current Tyco Integrated Security (TycoIS) policies, procedures, products, programs and services.
- Create new market share by selling a broad range of TycoIS products and services to designated new and existing regional and vertical market commercial customers
- Sell integrated solutions to regional named accounts; sales consisting of integrated video surveillance, access control and other networked applications, as well as all fire sales. Fire jobs, where NICET certification and an understanding of local municipal codes are required will be estimated, confirmed, and sold by this individual.
- Add-on, amend, convert existing customer systems to meet the customers' expectations.
- Renew existing customer agreements.
- Drive wider and deeper account penetration with new and existing accounts through frequent proactive contact with corporate accounts; building, expanding and maintaining strong relationships with multiple departments (facilities, loss prevention, IT, finance) and key decision makers at multiple levels within customer organizations.
- Contact and secure potential new major account business and maintain existing business through:
- Contact corporate accounts both in person and by phone;
- Represent the company at trade shows.
- Contact existing and potential customers on a regular basis
- Identify prospects utilizing creative lead-generating techniques and maintain productive working relationships with existing customers.
- Independently establish call plans and customer follow-up strategies, and apply time and territory management techniques.
- Follow up with prospects on a frequent and timely basis.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of complete line of products/services and customers' issues and needs through in-house training, networking and reading/research.
- Obtain referrals and work with Centers of Influence.
- Process work order and complete all paperwork in accordance with approved and standardized procedures.
- Conduct post installation follow-up by contacting customer, ensuring commitments were met and affirming customer satisfaction once the customer has been in service.
- Minimum of 10 years experience as a successful commercial sales representative in the security, IT or other technology sales industry, including three (3) years of major accounts sales, demonstrated by the consistent ability to meet and exceed quota.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with the ability to present to senior level executives within the customer and TycoIS organizations
- Action Oriented
- Drive for Results
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Builds Effective Teams
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Organizational Agility
- Conflict Management
- Managing Diversity
- Peer Relationships
- Problem Solving
- Technical Learning
- Time Management
- Developing Direct Reports & Others
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Ability to work a full time schedule
- Available for local/regional travel, which may include nights and weekends to accommodate customer's schedule
Tyco Integrated Security LLC offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Tyco, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale. Johnson Controls is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.