JOB SUMMARY The Major Account Executive role is strategic in nature and is responsible for acquiring and managing new, enterprise commercial customers.
Individuals in this position are responsible for showing prospective clients how Spectrum Enterprise's innovative business solutions will help satisfy their growing complex technology and communications needs.MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSSkills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Develops and implements sales plans for assigned portfolios, including clearly defined strategies that maximize revenue opportunities of new clients
- Responsible for achieving and exceeding monthly revenue sales quota across all products
- Understands the communication needs of enterprise business clients and designs solutions to meet those complex business needs
- Conducts face-to-face consultative needs analysis interviews with prospective customers
- Develops customer centric solutions and delivers sales proposals on product features and benefits to CIO, CTO, etc.
- Self-generates leads through industry networking, vertical trade shows and working defined “named account” lists
- Qualifies new leads and requests site surveys to determine serviceability of prospects, including submission of ROI analysis to sales management
- Responsible for the account management and upsell of “named accounts” as assigned
- Maintains all sales databases necessary to report sales activity and customer information
- Works with the Account Management team to ensure timely handoff of most sold accounts for ongoing management and retention
- Works in conjunction with other business services support groups, including sales engineering, sales support and marketing personnel
- Strong sales level knowledge of complex services (Hosted Voice, Cloud Services) along with networking, LAN and WAN technologies, high-capacity and fiber connected networks, cloud services required
- 5+ years telco B2B experience within cable industry selling data, voice, cloud and/or video solutions to C-Suite decision makers.
- Must have proven ability to meet $5000/monthly quota in Fiber based internet, data, and voice services at the C-Suite
- Experience in vertical or working on embedded accounts required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to travel 75% of the time (including during inclement weather) to and from assigned territories and company facilities using a reliable personal vehicle
- Ability to utilize their resources (Sales Engineers)
- Demonstrated success as a top sales performer, consistently exceeding revenue quota
- Proven business-to-business sales experience with “C level” decision makers
- Strong working knowledge of computer networking, LAN and WAN technologies, high-capacity and fiber connected networks required
- Excellent communication, presentation, closing and negotiation skills
- Must have the ability to learn quickly and apply that knowledge, along with the ability to work in a team
- Valid and active State driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- Attends all sales meetings and training sessions as required by management
- ICOMS/CSG or other billing system experience“Brag Book” or proof of past performance
- Demonstrated success as a top sales performer, consistently exceeding revenue quotaAnalytical/interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage and foster change
- Cultural Fit – Industry knowledge, Attitude, Aptitude
- Salesforce experience
- Positive attitude, inner drive to push themselves
- Coachable, yet has an entrepreneur spirit
- Has the aptitude to learn the product suite and the “Charter way”
- Has the mentality that the base “pays the bills” and the commission earns your lifestyle
Related Work Experience Number of Years: 5 or more
- Minimum of High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited organization required; Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferred (Business-related field)
- Five or more years of telecommunications sales with a proven track record; exceeding revenue quotas; preferably selling data, voice and/or video solutions in the telecommunications business-to-business industry
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.