Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams' success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others and seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today!
This is a field-based position. This position is eligible to participate in sales compensation and recognition programs upon successful completion of sales orientation and/or training programs. I. Job Summary
The Major Account Representative - Blended (MAR-B) position generates new account revenue in new accounts and revenue growth in existing accounts utilizing a consultative selling approach in the sale of Waste Management recycling services to large, complex accounts. The MAR-B is responsible for prospecting and closing sales to new customers to achieve budgeted sales goals. The MAR-B develops and implements sound selling strategies that ensure revenue growth at target or greater profitability levels by selling to new customers only.
In addition the MAR-B is responsible for managing existing business relationships in order to achieve budgeted sales goals by developing and implementing sound retention strategies, utilizing strong negotiation efforts to preserve business, and securing contract agreements from previously non-contracted customers. The MAR-B will "save, secure, and convert" by handling all customer cancellation requests, providing ongoing education of contract details to existing customers, and by obtaining customer contract commitments during face-to-face interactions. All escalations for customer service within the defined territory will be resolved through this position. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. Communicate to and work with the Director - Sourcing Sales to resolve unique customer issues.
- Effectively manage prospects by developing sound marketing plans and maintaining key information in the prospect database. Maintain sales pipeline to achieve goals for new sales.
- Match (WMRA recycling) services with customer needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers, pricing and competition; effectively communicate pricing and service strategies; proactively engage other Waste Management business opportunities, referring internally as appropriate.
- Work closely and effectively communicate with Plant Managers and Brokerage Account Managers to assist in upgrading materials to increase profitability and achieve plant goals.
- Using in depth industry and company knowledge, prepare complex proposals and make recommendations on equipment optimization and leasing options.
- Maintain current knowledge of external market trends and internal sale strategies and operational capabilities.
- Reduce lost accounts by diffusing cancellation requests. Meet or exceed sales call activity goals for proactive account retention.
- Increase revenue and profitability by executing sound plans on retention calls to improve the customers' service and/or profitability.
- Effectively use Waste Management sales productivity software tools (i.e. Prospect and Customer Database, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.). Update and secure customer service agreements.
- Acquired in depth industry and company knowledge in order to prepare complex proposals and make recommendations on equipment optimization and leasing options.
- Propose customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations. Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction. This includes meeting customer retention goals. Communicate to and work with the (Recycle America) Sales Director to resolve unique customer issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 3 years of work experience (in addition to education requirement) in direct business-to-business sales, business-to-business cold calling, and phone based business-to-business prospecting resulting in successfully obtaining customer appointments.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Build Relationships
- Communicate With Impact
- Demonstrate Adaptability
- Demonstrate Professionalism
- Initiate Action
- Produce Results
- Think Strategically
- Gain Commitment
- Influence and Negotiate
- Manage Work/Time
- Plan and Organize
- Use Ethical Practices
- Problem solving skills
- Proficient with computer and software applications
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or outside sales.Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.