Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Being number one means WM invests in our Sales teams' success by providing access to state-of-the-art systems and processes, industry-leading services and the best leadership in the business. Our exceptional sales professionals help deliver satisfaction to our clients throughout North America. If you are passionate about helping others and seeking challenging and interesting employment, apply today! I. Job Summary
Generates new account revenue in new accounts and revenue growth in existing accounts utilizing a consultative selling approach in sales to large, complex accounts. The Major Account Representative is also responsible for managing existing business relationships in order to achieve budgeted sales goals by developing and implementing sound retention strategies, utilizing strong negotiation efforts to preserve business, and securing contract agreements from previously non-contracted customers. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Initiating business to business sales relationships
- Developing detailed proposals encompassing multiple services
- Researching aspects of the waste and environmental services business
- Attending conferences/symposiums as a means of networking and staying current with industry-and market-related information
- Assignment management
- Building trusting relationships
- Providing high-impact Communication
- Able to identify pertinent Local, County, State, and/or Federal government regulations
- Responsible for prospecting and closing to achieve budgeted sales goals by developing and implementing sound selling strategies that ensure revenue growth by selling to new customers only
- Manage prospects by developing sound marketing plans and maintaining key information in the prospect database
- Devising sales approaches and solutions
- Marshalling resources
- Sales negotiation
- Sales opportunity analysis
This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 3 years of relevant work experience in direct business-to-business sales, business-to-business cold calling, and phone based business-to-business prospecting resulting in successfully obtaining customer appointments (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- 20 hours of training with Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Training in Blood borne pathogens
- Involved in American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) and American Society for Healthcare Environmental Services (ASHES)
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Ability to convert customer cancellation requests in order to maintain revenue levels, and/or complex negotiations skills required. General Competencies Include:
V. Work Environment
- Understanding of healthcare industry
- Experience with creating solutions that involve 3rd parties
- Understands Green Guide to Health Care (GGHC)
- Techniques for identifying and managing new business opportunities
- Techniques for identifying and responding to objections
- Techniques for bypassing "Gatekeepers"
- Understands the competitive landscape in the local area
- Understands "Green" influences and sustainability
- Analyze and solve problems
- Conduct formal presentations
- Able to design customized solutions that address more than just waste services
- Recognizes relationship networks, stake holder influence and strategic value
- Excellent business and communication skills
- Understands how to analyze sales trend data
- Understands how to calculate price and amounts such as discounts
- Basic software and web-based applications
- Able to successfully negotiate a complex sales cycle that lasts an average of 60 days with multiple stakeholders
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or outside sales. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.