Major Incident Management - Lead Systems Analyst
Posted: April 15, 2017
Reference ID: 107155714
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The desired candidate for this team will have demonstrated proficiency of the ITIL process, and the proven ability to be provide oversight to coordinate and drive incidents deemed as major and potentially impacting to VISA or our clients from a reputable or financial standpoint. The position is accountable for the general procedure management, taking care that the required resources for incident resolution are engaged and the customer is informed appropriately about the progress.
Broad knowledge of server and network infrastructure and application support in order to assess internal and external impact. Must possess an in-depth understanding of ITSM; project and process management; with a minimum requirement of an IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) V3 Foundation Certification.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical field required
- 5+ years of technology experience in delivering support services directly related to IT operations and support organizations for production environments to include similar Major incident management competencies
- Strong collaborative relationships with the various support teams and the ability to guide, direct, coordinate and control priority one problem bridges
- Understanding of customer topology and potential work-around scenarios to mitigate high profile client impact
- Modify and create work instructions or recipes to prepare for similar impacting events and allow for a quicker response. Constantly review work instructions for accuracy and solicit improvements through second level support groups
- Ability to communicate effectively throughout the incident management process with executive management, Client Services and other Event managers to ensure meaningful status updates are delivered in a timely and accurate manner, as per documented process
- Liaise with the Business Continuity team to provide summary detail should the crisis management team be invoked
- Follow documented support procedures, managing each issue through resolution in support of established service levels
- Track update and resolve all assigned incidents, changes and problem reports in the incident management system, ensuring that documentation is thorough, accurate and meets a standard of high quality
- Liaise with L2 support groups and/or development groups to collaborate on the resolution of incidents
- Responsible for the internal and external communication of issues to management, other internal support groups, and the customers via pages, email broadcasts or phone
- Bridge Stewardship in support of timely resolution of internal issues
- Exceptional knowledge/experience with ITSM/ITIL best practices for complex, global IT organizations
- Ability to communicate well and manage highly stressful situations over the phone
- Demonstrate proven leadership qualities removing any ambiguity as to who is coordinating the incident resolution
- Ability to coordinate and drive technical bridges during a major event, asking the right questions, and steering the support teams towards quick mitigation, work-around or resolution to limit the financial and reputable exposure of VISA or any of our clients
- Ability to ensure the proper focus on Service restoration and Impact mitigation is maintained throughout the call and have the fortitude and knowledge to steer the troubleshooting and recovery efforts effectively
- Ability to take quick decisive action to make additional escalations and/promotion of significant events to the Crisis management team when warranted
- Excellent communication skills to be able to liaise with senior management as well as the ability to compose, review and approve Global Information Updates, Global Incident Summary Reports, Executive Summaries and other reports on behalf of the Visa Operations Command Center
- Leverage Service Monitoring, Application Monitoring and Infrastructure teams to develop a holistic view through the aggregation and distribution of information
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to excel as part of a team
- Uses sound judgment in determining priorities and enlisting support of other internal groups to prevent any compromise in service quality for Visa internal and external customers
- Experience working in a 24x7 environment; ability to work flexible hours and be on-call
- Experience managing large scale technology incidents and supporting root cause analysis
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.