Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications: Education and/or Experience
- Position patients according to standards set by American College of Radiology.
- Consistently select appropriate technical factors from technique charges and operate equipment in accordance with prescribed radiation safety practices.
- Print films and monitor printing equipment according to BIO policy.
- Prepare completed mammograms for interpretation in a timely manner, including appropriately identified images and all associated forms and paperwork.
- Perform Breast Self Examination (BSE) as needed, ensuring proper markers are placed to communicate areas of concern to radiologist.
- Actively educate patients on BSE, breast cancer, and other related women's health issues.
- Assist radiologist in all technical procedures such as: digital stereotactic suros core biopsy, ultrasound guided core biopsy/cyst aspiration, pre-op needle locations, galactography, MRI, or other interventional procedures.
- Reviews all requisitions/orders for accuracy and applicable clinical information.
- Ensures all information on the Breast History Form is accurate and complete.
- Prepares examination room and all equipment in advance according the patient's examination and diagnostic needs.
- Confirm that all mammography files include appropriate labels and ID markers as required by ACR/FDA.
- Inputs all data into the information system required for exam completion.
- Complete and update all radiographic image records and anatomical inserts according to BIO policy.
- Perform daily printer checks, record results, and report any abnormalities to the appropriate supervisor.
- Perform weekly phantom checks and appropriately reports discrepancies.
- Perform equipment monitoring and cleaning to maintain the highest quality environment.
- Helps maintain patient logs and information collection as required for regulatory standards.
- Performs weekly, monthly, quarterly, and semi-annual QA tests as required.
- Records inventory needs, as needed to maintain appropriate supply levels.
- Restocks exam rooms with linen and supplies
- Properly disposes of soiled linen, trash, and hazardous waste.
- Assists clerical, billing, and scheduling staff as necessary.
Post-high school courses and training from accredited colleges, universities, vocational-technical institutes, or through hospital or U.S. Armed Forces training required. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
American Registry of Radiologic Technologist Certification (ARRT)