Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Management of Change
A change manager will play a key role in ensuring projects (change initiatives) meet objectives on time and on budget by increasing employee adoption and usage. This person will focus on the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures. The primary responsibility will be creating and implementing change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance. The change manager will work to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilization of and proficiency with the changes that impact employees. These improvements will increase benefit realization, value creation, ROI and the achievement of results and outcomes.
While the change manager may or may not have supervisory responsibility, this person will have to work through many others in the organization to succeed. The change manager will act as a coach for senior leaders and executives in helping them fulfill the role of change sponsor. The change manager may also provide direct support and coaching to all levels of managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions. The change manager will also support project teams in integrating change management activities into their project plans.
Responsibilities of a Change Manager:
- Apply a change management process and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative.
- Support the design, development, delivery and management of communications.
- Drive employee engagement initiatives across the organization
- Complete change management assessments
- Identify, analyze and prepare risk mitigation tactics
- Identify and manage anticipated resistance
- Consult and coach project teams
- Create actionable deliverables for the five change management levers: communications plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan, resistance management plan
- Support and engage senior leaders
- Coach managers and supervisors
- Support organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities
- Coordinate efforts with other specialists
- Integrate change management activities into project plan
- Evaluate and ensure user readiness
- Manage stakeholders
- Track and report issues
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Support change management at the organizational level
- Manage the change portfolio
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- At least 1 year of change management experience
- At least 1 year of experience with organizational change
- At least 1 year of project management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- Change management certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.