Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
About the Management Rotation Program:
Capital One’s two-year Management Rotational Program (MRP) provides associates with the foundational knowledge needed to deliver complex, cross-functional initiatives that drive the company forward. Associates will gain exposure to four professional tracks within the company – agile, risk management, process management and project management. If you’re passionate about problem solving and finding new solutions, as well as refining your communications skills, learning how to lead with influence and driving business-building results, MRP could be the path for you. Accelerate your career, learning today to lead tomorrow.
Throughout your experience in the program, you will rely heavily on the leadership skills you’ve developed during your college experience. You will lead cross-functional teams to ensure our systems and associates are successful in delivering value to the organization. Participants should be adaptable, eager to learn, and comfortable taking on new challenges in a fast paced environment.
Students with degrees in business, engineering, economics, or information systems majors with strong leadership experience are preferred. Will obtain or have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or higher between December 2016 and May 2017.
What we offer:
- A challenging role on an awesome team;
- An accelerated path to a wide variety of leadership roles within Capital One;
- The opportunity to rotate roles at the 12-month mark in the Program;
- Mentorship with Director+ level leaders within the organization;
- On-going professional and personal training through Meet Ups, Lunch and Learns, and our award-winning Capital One University;
- Regular networking opportunities with peers and executives
Role responsibilities include:
- Building a positive and motivating team environment
- Demonstrating strong and open communication and leadership skills with team members and outside business partners
- Communicating and facilitating effectively across diverse audiences
- Driving the team to focus on critical deliverables and tasks
- Executing on team deliverables as needed with high attention to detail
- Keeping information about the team's progress up-to-date, accurate, appropriately detailed, and visible to all parties
- Identifying, removing or elevating obstacles, ensuring a quick resolution for the team
- Implementing necessary communications and change activities associated with product launches, technology changes, and process improvements
- Building and leading team schedules
- Identifying and finding resources needed to achieve team goals
- Facilitating daily team meetings and assisting the team in reviewing and demonstrating finished work to business partners
- Using information and interactions to make good judgment on potential risks and issues
- Current student or alumni of Texas A&M
- Will obtain or have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or higher between December 2015 and August 2017
- In process of obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in business, marketing, management, engineering or economics
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.