Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
Responsible for management and operations of the Area Sales team and
Account Executives. Proposes, develops, and implements strategies
designed to increase sales and improve business relationships with
industry segment customers. Provides in-depth industry and technical
knowledge supporting specific industry segment activities. Monitors all
sales activities to assure success in exceeding business goals and
objectives. Develops financial and operational objectives. Ensures
operational plans are aligned with business objectives. Contributes to
functional strategy development. Has a greater degree of impact on
business results, and typically manages one or more groups of
- Develops and administers local advertising sales plan and promotional
approaches including identification of objectives, strategies and
action programs to produce revenue toward achievement of set goals.
- Develops sales team revenue, budget, and collaborates with support
staff management to meet approved plans.
- Collaborates with and trains Local Sales Managers to ensure competence
and continuity of qualified advertising sales staff through optimum
selection, training and development, appraisals and motivation.
- Partners with Local Sales Managers and Sales Supervisors to develop
business plans and initiatives to stimulate local advertising sales.
- Provides management and support to Area Sales Management team.
- Provides motivation for advertising sales personnel through individual
contact, goal setting, periodic meetings, and recommendations of
- Manages the local advertising inventory for the local sales group.
- Ensures compliance with business objectives, conducts performance
reviews, and establishes criteria for disciplinary action.
- Develops and administers special agreements covering local trade
arrangements and/or marketing promotions.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Business, Marketing
- Generally requires 7+ years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer