This is a really exciting time for customer insights at QuickBooks. We're moving fast globally, and are looking for a stellar research leader to join the Innovation Practices team. We're looking for a research leader with proven depth and craft in research, excellent communication with stakeholders and enjoys helping grow talent. Our mission is to fuel innovation across QuickBooks. This person will join a global team of passionate and talented researchers, designers and storytellers and will report directly to the Director of Customer Insights.
- Work with a close knit group of researchers on helping to shape the work that they do
- Continually uplevel the craft of the research
- Work closely with product leaders and marketing teams to define the most important research questions, lead research, facilitate synthesis to get to compelling insights, and finally turn the insights into action.
- Define the most important insights that drive seamless customer experiences and delight.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to create delightful and seamless customer experiences
- Drive product decisions and strategy through in-depth customer, market, and design insights.
Step in on critical projects to drive highly strategic research projects
We're looking for someone who will work in our Mountain View, CA office leading a team of researchers obsessed with nailing the core QuickBooks customer experiences. This team will work closely with marketing and product teams alike to observe, synthesize, activate learnings about customer, product experience, and messaging (to name a few) and help bring these delight experiences to life. This person will also be responsible for building out world-class research capabilities, at the intersection of qualitative and quantitative research.
A good candidate is someone who has had experience working across disciplines with cross-functional teams, able to flux between methodologies, and also being able to step back, and connect the dots for a more strategic point of view. Asides from solid broad research skills, we are looking for someone who is completely obsessed about customers insights but yet understands the balance between scrappy and rigor. As a group manager, it is important that there is also a strong passion for growing an amazing research team and shaping/coaching the work they do. We celebrate all forms of diversity and welcome any non-traditional paths into this profession. (Some of our backgrounds include philosophy, chemistry and professional baseball!)
Are you ready to work on a multi-billion dollar business that profoundly improves the lives of small business owners around the globe? Great. We'd love to meet you.
Qualifications What you bring to the table
- Expert in both evaluative and generative research methodologies
- Experience with quantitative research methodologies and lean experimentation
- Proven ability to use consumer insights to drive product strategy.
- Ability to distill research findings into clear, and compelling presentations, data visualizations, and/or infographics.
- You're a coach more than a manager, and have passion in growing talent.
- Great interpersonal skills to collaborate with a wide diversity of colleagues in other disciplines and cultures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and engaging presentation and/or storytelling skills.
- BA/BS or equivalent real-world experience.
- Minimum of 7-10 years experience with design research, and minimum 3-5 years experience leading small teams.
- You thrive on having impact through the work.
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Senior Content Designer, QuickBooks Senior Interaction Designer, QuickBooks Senior Marketing Visual Designer, Money Movement Principal Interaction Designer Senior Digital Designer See More…
We hire team members that share these values: Integrity Without Compromise. We Care and Give Back. Deliver Awesome. Win Together. Learn Fast. Delight Customers. Be Passionate. Be Decisive. Be Bold.