At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Manager for the Corporate Development group located at our global headquarters in Maplewood, MN. Job Summary:
Across the globe, 3M is inspiring innovation and igniting progress, all while contributing to true global sustainable development through environmental protection, corporate and social responsibility and economic progress. We are applying our science and innovation to make a real impact in every person's life around the world.
The 3M Corporate Development group plays a critical role in helping 3M achieve these objectives by sourcing, evaluating, negotiating and closing strategic M&A, investment and partnership opportunities. The Corporate Development Manager position offers the opportunity to play a leadership role in these activities by closely supporting our most senior business leaders across the full cycle of execution of these strategic projects. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Engaging closely with our business leaders to fully understand our strategies and then partnering with them to identify, evaluate and develop acquisition, investment and partnership opportunities that will help them achieve our objectives
- Developing creative and highly tailored deal structures and processes that result in optimal solutions for unique project objectives
- Providing overall project management for large, complex, global transactions, including the formation and leadership of large, cross-functional teams for due diligence, forecasting, valuation, negotiations and internal approval
- Forming trusted relationships with senior decision makers that enable effective communication and alignment around critical business decisions related to our projects
- Continually increasing your understanding of 3M's unique history, culture and capabilities, including our fundamental strengths of technology, manufacturing, global reach and brand
- Cultivating a broad network of internal and external relationships to enhance your effectiveness and influence. This includes both internal business leaders and technical, manufacturing or other functional experts as well as external parties such as entrepreneurs, private equity and venture capital investors, investment banks, consultants, accountants and lawyers
- Maintaining a passion for continual improvement of our processes and organization and contributing to the ongoing development of our systems and people and overall success
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited university
- Three (3) years of experience in mergers and acquisitions and/or divestitures
- MBA or higher from an accredited university
- Strong financial acumen with the ability to translate complex business problems into financial terms
- Creative problem solving with the ability to work with diverse functional teams to evaluate and resolve complex issues
- Strong negotiation skills, with the ability to effectively engage directly with target company senior management
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to influence at high levels in the organization
- Flexibility and responsiveness to meeting tight deadlines
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Working knowledge of accounting, finance, tax, legal, and business operations
: Maplewood, MNTravel:
May include up to 25% domestic and international travelRelocation:
Is authorized within country per 3M policies
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.