What you’ll be doing...
- Manage and lead a team of developers in software design and development, and second line production support for eCommerce system;
- Designed, developed, tested and implemented web services and applications using J2EE, Java, Spring, UML, and Oracle.
- Lead ongoing design and development of cutting edge personalization web application utilizing consistent infrastructure components;
- Design and develop ecommerce applications to target promotions by identifying customers purchase propensity using Data Management Platform (DMP) tool such as Blue Kai.
- Design and develop eCommerce web application using ATG Commerce platform. Work with site analytics tools, and Site Catalyst to report site metrics. Write AJAX calls using jQuery and MooTools;
- Write stored procedures and queries in Oracle database, and work with JSR 168 specification, Oracle UCM and iPlanet web server;
- Perform bulk data processing in multi-threaded environment using Java technology stack; Perform push limits of product innovation using the latest advancements in functional programming;
- Provide project-level guidance and technical oversight to technical project teams with regard to development, maintenance and enhancement of software applications, database development, application performance, tuning and optimization and adherence to Verizon software development and application security code standards and industry best practices;
- Prepare cost and effort estimates for support, development and enhancement initiatives and ensure that project expenditures remain within budgetary parameters;
- Monitor progress and timelines of projects, anticipate and monitor project risks, and escalate project issues;
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach and motivate team to achieve optimum performance;
- Monitor and conduct performance management reviews of direct reports;
- Ensure successful and on-time delivery of software;
- Develop project plans specifying goals, staffing and scheduling, identify risks, contingency plans and allocation of resources;
- Define, develop and deliver senior management and executive metrics and status reports.
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor’s or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology followed by 5 years of progressive experience in the job offered or 5 years of experience designing, developing, testing and implementing web services and applications using J2EE, Java, Spring, UML, and Oracle. Experience to include therein 3 years leading ongoing design and development of cutting edge personalization web application utilizing consistent infrastructure components; Experience to also include therein 2 years designing and developing ecommerce applications to target promotions by identifying customers purchase propensity using Data Management Platform (DMP) tool such as Blue Kai. 2 years of experience designing and developing eCommerce web application using ATG Commerce platform. 2 years of experience with site analytics tools, and Site Catalyst to report site metrics. Experience to include therein 1 year writing AJAX calls using jQuery and MooTools; 1 year of experience writing stored procedures and queries in Oracle database; 1 year of experience working with JSR 168 specification, Oracle UCM and iPlanet web server; and 1 year of experience performing bulk data processing in multi-threaded environment using Java technology stack.
Must Reference: Job #SS1-WC
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.