At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide supervisory oversight and support to various growth related accounting functions within Exelon Generation. Ensure production of accurate and timely financial statements, including, if appropriate, FERC basis financial statements. Lead and guide staff accountants within Exelon Generation in recording and reporting financial transactions accurately and timely. Work closely and liaise throughout Exelon Generation, Controller's Group, and the broader Finance community regarding accounting activities, particularly related to our growth initiatives. Interpret and apply appropriate accounting and reporting guidance including FASB/GAAP. Identify and implement best practices within Exelon Generation. Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley control requirements. Act as liaison with external auditors to ensure timely sign off of accounting matters.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Assist or supervise monthly financial statement close process, ensures financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely, and reviews and analyzes financial results.
• Review and approve account reconciliations as assigned.
• Prepare or approve the monthly reporting packages including the analysis of current actual results to prior period actual results.
• Assists in the implementation of changes in FASB/GAAP. Supervise the recording of complex accounting transactions to ensure compliance with FASB/GAAP, as well as, Exelon policies.
• Interact with internal and external auditors and Controllers group as required to accomplish goals. Guide interactions of less experienced accounting staff. Consult and liaise with Finance personnel on accounting issues.
• Collaborate on and supervise special projects and special requests as required
• Duties may require supervising accounting staff and participating in their annual goal setting and performance reviews.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent
• At least 8 years of related experience, including 0-3 years in management with demonstrated success leading a professional staff
• Demonstrated technical knowledge and understanding of Accounting theory, principles, practices and regulations including FASB/GAAP and SOX compliance
• Understands requirements for documentation in work papers, disclosures and memos; demonstrated ability to document a broad range of technical issues
• Demonstrated success identifying and implementing best practices within his/her area of responsibility
• Demonstrated successful use of technology to improve process efficiency
• Demonstrated focus on customer service (examples include working with clients to develop a partnership and encourage open communication and helping clients identify and evaluate cost savings opportunities)
• Effective teambuilding and leaderships skills
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Commitment to highest standards of quality and integrity
• Exudes a high degree of professionalism and treats others with respect. Preferred:
• MBA with a concentration in Accounting or Finance
• Public accounting experience
• Regulatory/utility/FERC/SEC reporting or energy industry experience
DISCLAIMER The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.