Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
As a part of the Record to Report (R2R) process improvement initiative, this individual will play an integral role in FMG’s efforts to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of reconciliations, with a primary focus on Balance Sheet Reconciliations. This position will be focused on process improvements for reconciliations through the application of policy enhancements such as Risk Based Reconciliations, as well as through the enhanced utilization of technology, including high-volume reconciliation and certification tools and Robotic Process Automation (RPA).
The individual who fulfills this position will be expected to support and field questions arising from individuals at all levels across multiple businesses and lead various regional and global initiatives. This individual will become a subject matter expert in corporate reconciliation processes and certification tools.
- Lead Global Reconciliations process improvement efforts, supporting Global Process Leaders for Record to Report and Reconciliations
- Lead deployments of expanded reconciliation tools (Trintech’s ReconNet and Cadency applications) in a phased approach
- Develop and manage a reconciliation diagnostic process to determine optimal solution for process improvement (through application of technology toolsets)
- Become a subject matter expert in all MetLife reconciliation tools to deliver a stable and optimized environment for Global reconciliations
- Coordinate with Balance Sheet Controls management to identify areas of internal opportunity to streamline and standardize internal processes and reports, utilizing MetLife Way methodology
- Partner with external firms and peer companies to understand industry leading practices for reconciliations and make recommendations for enhancements to MetLife policies and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance highly desired
- Project Management experience preferred, but not required
- Strong preference of experience with reconciliations and related automation
- Experience with recon applications preferredStrong analytical skills with advanced critical thinking capabilities
- Experience with reconciliations and technology initiatives
- Well-developed aptitude with databases and other desktop applications
- High energy style with the ability to work independently and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Up to 25%-40% travel may be required
- 5+ years accounting experience
Up to 25% – 40%
Global Balance Sheet Controls_11379
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.