Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
The Corporate & Other team performs accounting and reporting for the following areas: The investment of corporate funds and majority of the corporate debt of MetLife; Start-up and wind-down businesses as well as several international holding companies; Costs for certain corporate initiatives and projects and affiliated reinsurance and Corporate tax credits, incremental tax adjustments and certain corporate legal accruals.
- Responsible for providing guidance, develop policy, and establish controls and proper processes for reporting the correct financial results by segment and legal entity.
- Review and approve journal entries and perform analysis of plan, projection and actual results on both a GAAP and STAT basis.
- Lead the team to continuously focus on identifying and implementing improvements and promote the principles of One MetLife.
- Ability to maintain customer relationships and be able to interact with senior levels of management.
- Masters in Accounting or Finance highly desired; Bachelors in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- 6+ years private and/or public accounting experience required.
- PeopleSoft Accounting Ledger experience preferred
- Ability to lead implementation of global applications, enhanced controls, develop and improve global processes
- Proven leadership skills
Corporate & Other
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.