PGIM, the global investment management business of Prudential Financial with more than $1 trillion in Assets Under Management (across public and private fixed income, mortgage loans, equities, and real estate asset classes), currently has an exciting and challenging Manager opportunity on the PGIM Finance Team. Headquartered in Newark, NJ, the PGIM Finance Team is responsible for all controllership, planning and analysis, and overall finance support for the PGIM businesses. The successful candidate chosen for this position will support a newly formed centralized Accounting Policy and General Account Services’ team within the PGIM Finance Team. This role will have significant direct exposure to PGIM’s investment management businesses (i.e., public and private fixed income, mortgage loans, equities, real estate, etc.) and Prudential’s General Account investments managed by PGIM. The role will require significant coordination with business unit controllers, corporate accounting policy, and the financial shared services organization. In addition, General Account Services will include support for a variety of finance matters for Prudential’s General Account.
- Analysis of investments and transactions to address accounting and reporting issues, including consolidation, with VIE/VOE considerations; income recognition; impairment; fair value reporting; asset transfers; loans, including modifications; real estate; derivatives; among others.
- Interact directly with the PGIM lines of business to understand the accounting implications of new transactions, real estate and debt fund structures, mortgage products, and fixed income products.
- Document the background, details, accounting assessment of new transactions and accounting policy conclusions reached.
- Support the PGIM Finance Team on U.S. GAAP and Statutory policies, , including support for quarterly reporting and emerging issues, as well as resolution of technical issues as they arise.
- Maintain PGIM’s internal control standards including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by auditors
- Manage accounting and finance-related aspects of significant projects and initiatives. Ensure transactions are properly accounted for in accordance with US GAAP; address significant accounting and reporting issues, and ensure timely and accurate resolution
- Assist in implementation of new accounting standards across PGIM under both US GAAP and Statutory Accounting standards
- Assist in monitoring finance matters for Prudential’s General Account such as support for impairment decisions and revenue projections.
- Assist in working with PGIM Finance and Corporate Accounting Policy to implement new accounting standards.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key functional areas including PGIM Finance, Accounting Policy, Risk, and Treasurers among others.
- Respond to various ad hoc requests from senior executives and areas outside PGIM.
A little about us:
Our support of the military includes providing civilian employment opportunities to transitioning service members and military spouses.