Under general direction, leads and coordinates the Manager of Advanced Manufacturing Engineering effort for Building Efficiency globally, within assigned process area, to drive best in class manufacturing engineering processes and to achieve global standardization towards best in class cost.
1. Acts as functional lead for all BE Advance Manufacturing and Manufacturing Engineers in BE manufacturing Globally, within assigned process area,.
2. Leads CPR initiative and works with Manufacturing Directors to coordinate deployment of Technology Roadmaps.
3. Responsible for process development, capital acquisition deployment and process validation.
4. Coordinates support PDP program teams in Design for Manufacture & Assembly (DFMA) Feasibility review with Product Eng.
5. Defines equipment standards and controls. (plants responsible for monitoring &controls maintenance)
6. Supports or manages (as assigned) the Technical direction & coordination for equipment installations & start-ups.
7. Develops and executes a manufacturing maturity assessment process to drive standardization.
8. Provides global management of equipment MU and CU, within assigned process expertise area,
9. Directs the implementation of equipment Best Business Practices across manufacturing facilities globally.
10. Supports Ops Directors on BBP roadmaps to increase performance in Operational KPI's
11. Approves along with Ops Leaders all equipment CAR's to ensure specification adherence, equipment strategy adherence, and manage utilization impact.
12. Closely engage with New Product Development teams, in order to ensure our new products take advantage of the latest in manufacturing processes, and to ensure our new products are designed for optimized manufacturability.
1. Bachelor's degree in Engineering with focus in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering required with a minimum of 7-10 years' experience in paint/finishing ( would consider a candidate without a Bachelor's with a minimum of 10-15 yrs of experience)
2. Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) as well as Internet software and E-mail is required.
Additional Experience Requirements:
1. Leadership experience in Manufacturing Engineering Management or Operations Management.
2. Effective team leader and facilitator with good communication skills.
3. Program Management skills, Time Line project manager, Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint.
4. Knowledgeable in Lean, Six Sigma, One Pc Flow, Kit, Batch and manufacturing techniques with proven deployment.
5. Machine Utilization Management, Capacity Utilization Management.
6. Finishing Systems to include but not limited to: multistage washing systems, chemical concentration monitoring systems, vat skimming, phosphating, immersion systems, E-Coat, reclamation equipment, fire protection/detection systems of same, polymer powder coating & wet paint automated and manual spraying systems and equipment.
7. Ability to use CAD data files with engineering & tooling suppliers globally.
8. Equipment Standards & Specifications development and comparison.
9. Experience working in multi-tiered matrix organization.
10. Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.