Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
Be part of Visa Performance Solution (VPS), A 100 plus persons strong team which combines deep industry expertise and consulting skills to drive tangible impact and financial results for Visa's clients. With a broad range of strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, and marketing experience across financial services, VPS solves our clients most strategic business problems.
Partner with our Clients, Data Engineering and Technology teams to use analytics to accelerate business growth and transform customer experiences. We are an exciting, growing and fun team that works with industry-leading analytics tools, techniques and best practices. We are seeking someone who is a self-starter and a quick learner. JOB SCOPE
The Manager would play a key role in the VPS Strategic Solutions team building new consulting services to optimize client business card portfolio through a data-driven approach, thereby ensuring that Visa is both, their preferred brand and unique business/marketing partner. This is a unique opportunity for the Senior Analyst because it includes involvement in all aspects of a client-facing organization, helps to further develop professional services skills, and provides an opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of the payments industry.
- Prior consultant experience is preferred.
- Play an integral role on a team of experienced professionals in delivering revenue-generating consulting services to key Visa clients.
- Partner with the clients to provide consultancy and translate the business needs to design and develop tools, techniques, metrics, and dashboards for insights and data visualization.
- Capitalize key business opportunities and develop strategic profitability initiatives at a client and market level through information analysis and business intelligence.
- Complete consulting engagements with senior level clients, including participating in interviews, summarizing confidential client data, and generating key findings
- Manage, facilitate and implement consulting services to solve client's business problems by leveraging client™s customer data and Visa Net transaction data. Perform statistical analyses on client portfolio data such as customer demographics, activity, spend levels, risk and payment behavioral information.
- Create and propose high-impact strategic and tactical performance improvement recommendations for Visa clients
- Communicate insights and findings to the clients, stake holders and non-technical audiences in the clearest and most concise manner
- Build and maintain relationships with internal Visa partners, including Visa Product Management, Visa Account Executives
- Secure new consulting engagements and re-engagements opportunities. Knowledge transfer in order to optimize business profitability for Client banks.
- Be an evangelist of data analytics, provide new data solutions and drive adherence on using data to solve business problems.
- Advise and mentor other teams and individuals on how to implement business logic in queries and make quantitative decisions based on deep understanding of the business
- Build well-managed data solutions, tools, and capabilities to enable self-service frameworks for data consumers
- Demonstrate ability to explore and quickly grasp new technologies to progress varied initiatives
- Deploy analytical models and techniques within the organization. Continuously develop and present innovative ideas in order to improve current business practices within Visa.
- Suggest and deploy advanced statistically methodologies to solve business problems across the customer lifecycle. Problems related to but not limited to: developing models to predict customer churn and collaborating cross functionally to help develop marketing solutions.
- Develop industry analysis to share internally at Visa for a variety of products (credit, debit, prepaid, and commercial)
What is VPS Strategic Services looking for in a Manager? We are looking for bright and enthusiastic people to bring innovative ideas to our consulting practices:
- BA/BS Required. Professionals with prior management consulting, banking, and/or emerging technology experience (4-6 years of work experience preferred)
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
- Exceptional analytical skills, with the ability to process and summarize large amounts of data into key strategic insights. Experience in big data analytics, reporting and statistical modeling in SAS.
- Advanced proficiency in SQL, SAS, Hadoop and data visualization tools like Tableau
- Strong team player with a willingness to collaborate across levels and functional experts both internal to Visa and with the client
- Experienced project management skills, both from an individual perspective but also with respect to managing team and client expectations and deliverables.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt
- A background in payments, financial institutions or consumer lending a plus
- An affinity for payments technology and its future
- Willingness to travel 30-50%, domestic and international assignments
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.