Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
**Location: Open to relocation for folks who want to move to Boulder, Colorado. Come find out why it's one of the best places to live in the US! Manager, Android Software EngineeringAbout Workday:
Workday's brand-new office in Boulder is looking to hire an Android Engineering Manager to help us continue to create the most elegant and accessible mobile user experience for our customers on the platform. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We believe that the best mobile experiences are the combination of engineering rigor, great user experience and pixel-perfect UIs, and performance services. Your work will have a direct impact on our mobile success.The role:
You will join our team in Boulder to help drive and build best in class mobile experiences around Workday's analytic and collaboration technologies. We need a smart and passionate engineering manager that loves to contribute to the portion of the stack while mentoring a small team of independent contributors. You will be responsible for contributing to the development and design of our mobile apps and features. Another key aspect of the role is hiring, mentoring and managing your team, including providing career guidance and growth opportunities.About you:
Some challenges you'll tackle:
- 5+ years of experience in software development and a strong command of object oriented principles
- 1+ years leading and/or managing a small team of mobile developers
- Expert understanding of Java and Android SDK
- Proven track record of delivering production quality apps with one or more examples in the Google Play or Apple App store
- Be passionate about design and UI and provide feedback on design and UX
- Experience with multithreading and memory management specific to mobile devices
- A degree in computer science or similar is a plus, but not required
- Design and develop software to help people see and understand their data
- Lead and contribute to technical requirements, architecture, and help drive UX / design direction
- Hire and grow a team of highly effective, innovative software engineers
- Deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing, and in-depth code reviews
- Drive process and tooling improvements
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. More than 1,000 organizations, ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises, have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.