Nurse Manager of Antepartum / GYN
The Antepartum/GYN manager is responsible for the activities in the Antepartum/GYN department; the supervision and management and direction in accordance with organization and departmental philosophy and goals. This position will assist the Director in maintaining the highest degree of clinical and operation performance of the Department. The manager is responsible for leadership of nursing personnel and/or student and functions as a resource for physicians, nursing staff and patients.
- Responsible for the delivery of professional nursing care and provide leadership to the staff.
- Requires basic understanding and ability to utilize the nursing process; requiring knowledge and ability necessary.
- Develops and enforces guidelines of medical plan of care and departmental policies.
- Assess patients in order to plan, intervene and evaluate care.
- Responsible for delegation and a understanding of management.
- Graduated from an accredited, professional school of nursing.
- Current Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted.
- Current Healthcare provider BLS issued by the American Heart Association required.
- Current NRP preferred.
- At least 2 years recent experience as an RN in Antepartum Gyn surg and/or post partum.
- Additional experience in area of specialty is preferred.
- Management experience preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom