Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century ago, we’ve been committed to improving peoples’ lives and making the world a better place–one customer, one business, one innovative leap at a time. Come join our journey. What You’ll Get to Do:
Responsible for planning, managing and coordinating product development activities, process compliance, and management of resources to ensure delivery of planned software releases on time with quality. Active in the process of eliciting requirements for the product in alignment with the overall business direction. Technical responsibilities include strategic decisions about technologies and implementation of architecture and development processes
- Work with team leads to plan and execute projects, ensuring that the teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, project plans, direction, and resources to deliver products effectively by establishing realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that they remain on target to meet those timelines.
- Monitor, track and report the status of all the projects of various teams, acting as a gateway through which work should be assigned to appropriate teams while ensuring that project scope is adequately defined.
- Work with the Quality Assurance team by providing guidance for implementation of test cases and quality improvement processes to ensure coverage of all scenarios, and ensuring delivery of the product with high quality.
- Understand the domain, the existing software system applications, architecture in various areas and improve the system to be more user-friendly.
- Serve as the technical lead for discussions with customers, as well as with other R&D teams within and outside the organization.
- Provide oversight of customer Beta installations and deployments, working in conjunction with Support personnel within the organization. Also manage key and strategic customer installations directly or in conjunction with Support, including onsite troubleshooting, if required, in order to ensure a successful deployment and rollout.
- Contribute both feature and technology direction to product roadmaps that aligns to the strategy of Sales and other stakeholders, meets the future needs of customers, and defines solutions for challenges that may be encountered in the Video and Security industry.
- Work as mentor within the organization, help staff resolve problems both technical, as well as human resources related, tracking and approving vacation and personal days for employees within the team, and monitoring individual employees’ performance and taking corrective actions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
- Identify new areas of growth in other domains and related industries and explore opportunities for synergy by leveraging existing software architecture in fulfilling the needs for automation of that industry domain.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field; Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of management/ leadership experience in a software development organization required.
- Candidate must have at least 4 years of proven experience working through the design, development, release-cycle delivering product to market.
- Experience with software development related to image and video processing is a strong plus.
- Experience with video management systems, access control, and integration with related products, as it pertains to video surveillance and security is a strong plus.
- Enterprise application development experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of the Product Development life-cycle.
- Experience with Agile Scrum development.
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Experience with software development in a Microsoft environment using C/C , .NET, Microsoft technologies, and web technologies.
- Manage, evaluate, and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills in engaging global cross-functional technical teams, as well as building and developing offshore and onsite development teams.
- A proven record for successful delivery of software systems in a similar role.
- Ability and willingness to dive into software and technical issues during design and development stages, as well as during troubleshooting of customer issues.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with strong product and program management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Solid understanding of development, testing and integration methodologies
- Knowledge of current and emerging IT products, services, and processes.
- Broad understanding of programming logic concepts and application analysis and design techniques.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to adapt to changing technology and priorities.
- Strong analytical thinking skills. Good planning, organizing, decision-making and problem-solving skills. Thorough, with careful attention to detail.
What We Offer:
Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
Rewards and recognition for great achievements
Growth opportunities for career development
Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
Competitive benefits and compensation package
Through its broad range of integrated business technology solutions, Panasonic empowers professionals to do their best work. Customers in government, healthcare, production, education and a wide variety of commercial enterprises, large and small, depend on integrated solutions from Panasonic to reach their full potential, achieve competitive advantage and improve outcomes. The complete suite of Panasonic solutions addresses unified business communications, mobile computing, security and surveillance systems, retail information systems, office productivity solutions, high definition visual conferencing, projectors, professional displays and HD and 3D video 4K Cinema production. As a result of its commitment to R&D, manufacturing and quality control, Panasonic engineers reliable and long-lasting solutions as a partner for continuous improvement. Panasonic solutions for business are delivered by Panasonic System Communications Company of North America (PSCNA), Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America (PNA), the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation .
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.