Odwalla is a pioneer in the premium juice category. Started by three musicians in Santa Cruz in 1980, Odwalla grew from a backyard shed and a local following into a brand that crafts over 40 delicious products for everyone that loves to feel their own vitality. Despite our growth, we have kept to our roots in recognizing our environmental impact. We recycle more than 98% of all our trash, and we leave no citrus waste for landfills. And that's just the beginning. We believe that handling our beverages with care goes hand in hand with being good stewards of our environment. Responsibilities
- Establish and communicate sales, returns, and distribution targets and objectives and deliver or exceed business results versus established sales objectives in all assigned Districts.
- Clearly communicate regional strategies for flawless District Sales Manager execution.
- Monitor sales, merchandising programs, retail trends, and competitor activity. Be pro-active to specific account, market, and competitive information.
- Regularly communicate and recommend strategy on all relevant sales and trend information to District Sales Managers and Op's Support Managers and work with them to develop pro-active strategies to ensure proper offensive and defensive actions.
- Continuously analyze sales data and capitalize on missed opportunities.
- Develop and manage sales operations budgets for assigned area.
- Execute and maintain merchandising and schematic standards for all accounts in assigned area.
- Conduct store audits for key accounts and complete store call reports.
- Execute distribution plan to include frequency targets and account coverage including increased weekend account coverage.
- Secure necessary resources to cover and manage sku's/product mix to meet or exceed cooler objectives.
- Increase presence in coolers where share of sales exceeds fair share of space at store level.
- Ensure customer development within market. Sales presentations by DSM's (or selt) to key operating personnel as required to meet program objectives and grow new or existing business.
- Add new geographies/new accounts to distribution to increase number of new stores and develop brands within market.
- Establish display target objectives and secure necessary resources and tools to achieve these results.
- Conduct monthly route development progress review for route splits and RSR upgrades with support from Director, Region Sales, Op's Support Manager and District Sales Managers.
- Develop a diverse, highly capable, promotable and skilled sales and operations organization that is focused on results.
- Conduct quarterly formal discussions with assigned District Sales Managers.
- Manage all aspects of assigned node(s) and assets including facilities, fleet and coolers.
- Implement processes to manage and regularly monitor inventory control and GAP.
- Other duties as may be assigned
- Qualified candidates will have a bachelor's degree or equivalent plus a minimum of 8 years' related experience which includes: direct DSD management, key account management (district level or above), retail merchandising, inventory and warehouse management;
- A proven track record of being able to motivate people and build a successful teams at multiple locations
- Strong leadership skills to provide mentoring, training or corrective feedback
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including being able to prepare presentation materials and present the information one-on-one and in a group
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills and the ability to design and implement new systems and procedures
- An understanding of computer ordering systems and other IT systems
Coca-Cola Refreshments is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.