McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Manager, Audit – Accounting
Corporate Audit Services (CAS), the Internal Audit function within Capital One, is a dedicated group of audit professionals focused on delivering top quality assurance services to the organization’s Audit Committee. The CAS department is considered one of the leading internal audit functions within the financial services industry and is highly regarded within Capital One. CAS professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a collaborative, agile environment to deliver value-added opinions and recommendations. In addition, the CAS vision of Innovate Continually, Perform Brilliantly, and Set the Standard create a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.
The Audit Manager will lead or conduct audits of diverse and complex business units focusing on the accounting aspects, generally supervising audit staff on audit engagements. The individual will design and execute internal controls testing for fairly complex operations with many integrated components. In addition, the Audit Manager will provide key input to the development of the annual audit plan, provide training and coaching to internal audit staff, and maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards and exercise some latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
- Plan, perform or lead audits primarily focusing on accounting related risks and controls. Perform risk assessments of business activities, potential exposures and materiality of loss. Design and perform audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, reviewing an analyzing evidence, and documenting auditee processes and procedures. Prepare written audit results. Identify and evaluate Capital One risk.
- Manage staff during audit engagements, and provide feedback on work performed. Ensure work is performed in a quality fashion that meets deadlines. Prepare work papers for more advanced areas of work.
- Leverage available data and analytical tools during the planning, fieldwork, and reporting phases of audit delivery.
- Establish and maintain good client relations during engagements. Establish and build working relationships with line management. Communicate the audit results to management, which may include senior management, via written reports and oral presentations.
- Provide input into the development of the annual audit plan. Design, execute and/or oversee internal control testing for standardized operations of moderate complexity with more than one component, including finance, IT, compliance, credit, security.
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal teammate:
- You believe insight and objectivity are core elements to providing assurance on the effectiveness and efficiency of Capital One’s governance, risk management, and internal control processes.
- You adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, and are intellectually curious. You like to ask questions, test assumptions, and challenge conventional thinking.
- You develop influential relationships based upon shared risk objectives and trust to deliver outstanding business impact and elevate Audit’s value proposition.
- You’re a firm believer that a rich understanding of data, innovation, and technical knowledge will only make you a better Auditor. This will require leveraging the power of data analytics and furthering your technicalknow how, so you’ll want to ensure that technology doesn’t scare you off.
- You're a teacher. You have a passion for coaching and investing in the betterment of your team.
- Lastly, you create energy and an environment that make it easy to attract, hire, and retain top talent.
As one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For,” you can look forward to coming to work every day with a team of people that are committed to excellence and doing the right thing.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in auditing, at least 5 years in accounting, at least 5 years in financial analysis, at least 5 years in compliance, at least 5 years in risk management or a combination.
- At least 3 years of experience in leading audits and performing in the role of auditor-in-charge.
- Master's Degree in Auditing, Master's Degree in Accounting, Master's Degree in Finance, Master's Degree in Economics, Master of Business Administration.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Certified Bank Auditor (CBA).
- 5+ years of experience in large banking, 5+ years of experience in the financial services industry, or 5+ years in a professional services firm serving clients in large banks.
- 1+ year of experience in auditing Credit Accounting processes and Allowance
- 1+ year of experience with data analytics tools in support of internal audit.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.