Under general direction, responsible for the planning, direction and coordination of services to ensure that quality health care is delivered. Essential Responsibilities:
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
- Directs and coordinates, through supervisors, the activities of the department.
- Reviews and analyzes reports, records and directives.
- Monitors and analyzes costs, prepares budgets.
- Evaluates, develops and implements process improvements to enhance effectiveness.
- Responsible for the hiring, promoting, discharging and transferring of employees.
- Responsible for scheduling and staffing needs of the unit; available for staffing needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Arranges appropriate in-services and continuing education programs to meet the needs of the staff.
- Ensures the proficiency of the staff on the unit.
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications: Education:
- Performs other duties as assigned
Graduate of an approved school of nursing. BSN required; MSN preferred. Experience:
Three (3) years of supervisory or charge nurse experience. Leadership experience in behavioral health setting preferred. Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required:
Possession of a valid temporary license or permanent license issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse prior to entrance on duty (permanent license must be obtained within 3 months of appointment). Psychiatric nursing certification preferred. Current certification in Basic Life Support (CPR). Department specific requirements may apply, see attached if applicable. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, techniques and procedures. Managerial skills sufficient for organizing, developing and supervising a department and staff. Knowledge of managerial functions such as budgets, statistical measures, report writing, performance improvement tools, etc. Computer literate. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must able to prioritize and manage several tasks at one time
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom