Dominion Hospital a 116 bed facility is the only freestanding mental health care facility in Northern Virginia, leads the region in short-term mental health services for children age 5-12, adolescents age 13-17 and adults age 18 and older, as well as therapeutic programs for eating disorders through our Reflections Eating Disorders Program.
Reporting to the Director of Adolescent, the Nurse Manager will serve a leadership role in management of clinical and administrative needs within youth services. The Nurse Manager will play a central role in the management of clinical services and on-site support of staff. Duties will include supervision to all clinical staff on best clinical practices and within organizational policy. Other duties will include unit scheduling of staff assigned to the adolescent unit. Nurse Manager will serves as a role model to staff by champions service excellence initiatives and behaviors.
Qualifications: Qualification Requirements:
- Collaborates with Adolescent Director for all overall planning of each unit.
- Develops an effective plan for delivery of care within the assigned area.
- Collaborates with all members of the interdisciplinary team
- Coordinates daily schedule
- Able to problem solve i.e. staff member calls out sick & schedule needs to be rearranged
- Implements evidence based practices into nursing care
- Serves as a resource for all members of the interdisciplinary team
- Serves as initial point of contact for patient and staff crises
- Role models the use of recovery and trauma informed care principles to manage psychiatric emergencies
- Conducts evaluations of staff
- Conducts groups as appropriate
Bachelors of Science in Nursing required.
Current Licensure as RN in Commonwealth of Virginia or Compact State
CPR-BLS for healthcare providers required. Crisis Prevention Interventions (CPI) required as a part of the general hospital orientation.
3 plus years of clinical experience specifically in a Behavioral Health environment.
2 plus years of management in a clinical setting highly desirable
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom