As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS. It currently serves approximately 58 million wireless subscribers and provides products and services through 70,000 points of distribution.The Manager of BI Batch Scheduling is responsible for managing a team that provides job configuration, scheduling, monitoring and support for T-Mobile Business Intelligence batch job scheduler. This role includes implementing new processes and standards for effective schedule management and requires a candidate that is passionate about finding creative ways to effectively manage team adoption and compliance of new these new processes. Accountable to ensure that all BI workload management maintenance activities are road-mapped and executed to support evolving growth and capabilities in the BI environment and will partner effectively with other DEVOPS development and delivery teams to ensure that batch services are configured optimally to support business data demand.Functional/Technical Skills:
Skills and knowledge acquired through professional Development, Tech. Lead, and Management experience are required. Ideally in the following areas: Application Support, Performance & Capacity Management, Data Workflow Management, and Batch SchedulingExperience:
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a Lead, Sr. Analyst or Architect supporting an Enterprise Batch Scheduling or workload management tool
- Minimum 3 years as lead or principal analyst in application support; including, planning, and coordination of support work for key projects and or enterprise level tools.
- Practical application support workload management tools: Control M
- Practical experience implementing new toolsets, standardizing processes and governance, and effective management of team adoption and change management.
- Strong working knowledge of Data Warehousing including Big Data Management.
- Understanding of Security management and experience with implementation and support approaches for BI data handling and movement.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and manage technical professionals in an Agile, Scrum, or DevOps delivery framework.
- Practical application support management experience in an Agile, Scrum or DevOps delivery model in a Big Data or Data Warehouse environment.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Bachelor's Degree. Math, Business or IT
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- BUILD STAFFING PLANS that ensure teams are staffed with skill sets required to enhance existing systems as well as deliver new system functionality required by the business.
- INTERVIEW AND HIRE qualified BI schedule analysts and architects, striving to improve T-Mobile bench strength, effectively augment project teams with contract staff when required.
- WORKFLOW MANAGEMENT - Work with other management to understand project and business priorities and schedule work based on those priorities.
- PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT Effectively lead team providing appropriate direction and developmental feedback, conducting annual reviews and participating in compensation decisions.
- TRAINING AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT Work with individual contributors to build training and career development plans. Ensure assignments with increasing levels of responsibility are given to high performing team members.
- RECOMMEND NEW TECHNOLOGY DIRECTIONS in collaboration with BI Design and Architecture teams
- BUDGET Provide input for departmental budgets and work to manage operational and capital expenses in order to meet budget.
- RESOURCE SUPPORT Plan for and ensure that management and staff have tools/skills required to perform job functions (workstations, software, servers, disk space, training, etc.).
- Constantly improve the APPLICATION/OPERATIONS PROCESSES, tools and methodologies used in the group.
- Responsible for DELIVERY OF HIGH QUAILITY support that addresses non-functional requirements in a sustainable fashion allowing for overall team to achieve work/life balance.
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.