What you’ll be doing...
Elevated demands from CMO and business leadership is driving need for specialized and dedicated talent to manage and execute packaging projects. Significant growth in New Products brand and packaging activity along with the restaging of wireless and wireline brand products and packaging require new core competencies in process, technical, and creative disciplines to ensure success.
Responsible for design management leadership in identity, graphic packaging, structural packaging in collaboration with integrated marketing communications, CMO and business leads, and agency partners. Supports core Verizon branded product lines across Consumer, business and new product businesses. Leads the translation of strategic briefs into design criteria, and drives execution of project work-streams and resources. SME for brand design and packaging in cross-functional collaborations.
- Daily agency direction and management
- Project stewardship and management including time and action planning, cross-functional communications/leadership, and reporting
- Design brief development and presentations
- SME lead for design validation research work with insights team as required
- Own budget planning and management
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- 10 or more years in a design management role, in identity design and packaging environment either on the agency side or as part of a corporate marketing/creative organization.
- Established/senior level management of brand design disciplines and processes, with proven experience in managing end to end complex projects with wide stakeholders.
- Strong career design sense and visual vocabulary across graphic and structural packaging and identity design disciplines.
- Ability to identify and communicate key design factors and decisions as the SME across the organization and up to leadership.
- Highly organized and experienced multi-tasker not intimidated by high volume, high pressure environment.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, ability to work effectively across multiple teams, agencies, disciplines
- Ability to synthesize data, formulate recommendations and present findings to leadership. Identify areas of opportunity to improve operational effectiveness and outline process for change.
- Strong working knowledge of packaging research methodologies and the practical integration into project workstreams.
- Project Management skill with ability to organize and prioritize complex workloads and align resources.
- Experience leading and driving external agency performance in the packaging space.
- Working knowledge of technical design software including the Adobe Creative suite.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.