This position oversees and manages teams of associates in the development, implementation and ongoing support of existing and new software applications and hardware platforms. Works closely with end-user groups, IT, cross-functional partners, and external software providers (where appropriate) to ensure new and existing software applications meet the needs of the business.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
15% Builds and maintains relationships with key user groups to identify and resolve business challenges leveraging technology.
30% Maintains relationships with software vendors to understand product offerings and technology roadmaps. Leads software technology selection efforts (i.e. RFI, RFP) and contributes to business case development for technology investment.
30% Manages and tracks the progress of multiple development projects. Conducts project management and administration that include work plans, resource planning and control, writing status reports, and preparing annual budgets.
10% Uses software development best practices to translate requirements into technical specifications, to then design, code, and test applications. Manages system development and support activities to meet business needs in a timely and cost effective manner.
15% Partners to include Vendor Services and IT program governance in software projects, including performance metrics, risk management, relationship management, and ensuring appropriate change management is included in the project.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to Director Business Analytics - MET
Number of Direct Reports: 2
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
1-2 years of experience in a leader/ team lead capacity
- 7 plus years experience in related field; 3 to 5 years in a leader/ team lead capacity.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of merchandising and/or store operations.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Project Management
- Strong project management skills with broad understanding of technology concepts, systems design, and process design. Ability to simultaneously manage resources, time, budget, and scope associated with projects.
- Process Orientation
- Knows how to organize people and activities to get things done effectively and efficiently. Knows what to measure and how to measure it.
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences, including ability to present complex terminology to diverse audiences at all levels.
- Ability to effectively collaborate cross-functionally, including ability to persuade and negotiate terms with minimal disruption and/or noise. Strong problem solving, decision making, and people management skills.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project, Visio).
- Broad understanding of technology concepts (software architecture, methodology, SQL, SSRS, and SSIS) and Software Engineering discipline.
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!