What you’ll be doing...
This role at Verizon Telematics will expand on business intelligence and data analytics functions by incorporating recently acquired companies and building out a data governance function. This role will serve to support additional functions driving accountability across the organization and providing visibility and analytics to fleet entities.
- Full scale deep dive data analytics, including but not limited to data procurement (SQL), aggregation, and analysis of results and presentation of findings through visualization tools.
- Manage stakeholder requirements, interpret the business request and translate that into SQL queries which incorporate standard business rules, prepare concise, comprehensive, and level-appropriate reports and present findings to all levels of management.
- Deliver insight into monthly, quarterly, or yearly anomalies.
- Lead and drive data governance initiatives to ensure key metric principals are defined and followed across multiple organizations and lines of business Tasks include coordinating KPI definitions and calculations, enforcing compliance for business unit reporting and communicating effectively to stakeholder.
What we’re looking for...
- Skill set required for the role include advanced business analytics, experience with data warehouse and SQL development.
- 6+ years of experience in the telecommunications field preferred.
- Advanced knowledge in Data Visualization/Business Intelligence Applications (Tableau, OBIEE).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint or equivalents required.
- Candidate must be highly motivated, self-starter who demonstrates leadership. Ability to work independently and effectively under tight time constraints and deliver accurate results.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.