Job Summary - The Cash Posting Manager is responsible for oversight and management of daily operations of the Cash posting functions. The Manager is responsible for guiding the staff in their day to day responsibilities which includes mentoring and training them as needed.
Supervisor - Controller
Supervises - Cash Posting Batch Analyst (if applicable), Cash Posting Batch Analyst Team Lead, Cash Posting Team Lead and SSC Cash Posting Analyst.
Duties (included but not limited to):
• Manages activities related to SSC Cash Management
• Assists the Controller in establishing and monitoring productivity standards, quality improvement and direct staff in meeting department goals
• Ensures daily cash received is posted daily
• Monitors and assists with resolving unapplied cash general ledgers
• Measures remits electronically posted
• Maximizes electronic payment posting capabilities for all Payers
• Prepares cash trending and provides statistics and reports for the Controller
• Coordinates Master file maintenance with SSC Master file designee for eCash as needed
• Work as a liaison between the Cash Posting staff and other SSC staff
• Resolves issues escalated by Cash Posting staff
• Monitors eRequest and escalates as needed to appropriate department for resolution
• Identify staffing needs and communicate those needs to the Controller
• Screen, interview, and hire new employees
• Arrange for the training of new employees
• Mentors staff and Team Leads for career development
• Conduct monthly staff meetings
• Review each staff member's productivity on a monthly basis
• Performs Q/A for Cash Posting functions
• Performs annual evaluations for cashiering staff
• Counsel staff with disciplinary and productivity issues
• Assures compliance with SSC policies and procedures
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately. The ability to communicate with staff, Parallon Management, Division and Group Executives
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
• Tactical execution - oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
• Project Management - assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills - demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, have ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field required. Accounting degree preferred.
Minimum three years' experience in related area with two of these years being healthcare management experience OR completion of the Parallon Manager Trainee Program.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE - N/A
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Requires prolonged sitting/standing, some bending, stooping, walking and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports or other information. Requires lifting papers/boxes and pushing/pulling up to 25 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment or hospital setting. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid, or to be potentially exposed in some other way.
Parallon is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, and competitive compensation.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom