Manages a team responsible for developing and operationalizing a customer-led and data-driven approach to support category/format growth within established policies, procedures and standards of the specified discipline. Outcomes managed have an impact on category/format initiatives.Job Responsibilities
- Manages the daily strategic activities that develop and operationalizing a customer-led and data-driven approach to multiple components / processes for a specified section of work within Category/Format Strategy. Manages a team and / or cross-functional partners responsible for developing and implementing strategies that support category/format growth within established policies, procedures and standards of the specified discipline. Outcomes managed have an impact on category/format initiatives.
- May become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature. May make recommended changes to strategy/roadmap for area of responsibility.
- Develops protocols to support established standards. Manages the development and implementation of processes and /or tools. May oversee team(s) assigned to projects and manages the execution processes.
- Collaborates and works cross-functionally to develop strategies to mitigate loss and/or optimize profitability. Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to share information and improve cross-departmental processes and relationships.
- Continuously evaluates best practices, methodology and tools and seeks to improve deliverables in order to maintain alignment with business needs.
- Reviews reports and metrics and identifies opportunities to grow and optimize specified area of responsibility. Analyzes the competitive marketplace for patterns and trends and makes recommendations for application of findings. Provides recommendations in creation and development of templates, methodologies, and presentations relating to strategies for area of responsibility.
- May create and execute divisional projects based on strategic need. Utilizes project management skills to create client-focused deliverables, delegate work, execute project analysis, and deliver strategic results.
- Provides guidance, direction, coaching, and counseling to a team of analysts and/or cross-functional partners. Allocates available resources to meet strategic objectives. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 2 years of experience in promotions, marketing, retail, analytics, pricing, consumer packaged goods, insights, vendor collaboration, consumer research, inventory, category management and/or business analysis OR High School Diploma /GED and at least 5 years of experience in promotions, marketing, retail, analytics, pricing, consumer packaged goods, insights, vendor collaboration, consumer research, inventory, category management and/or business analysis.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, including the executive level.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- At least 1 year experience of cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master's degree OR MBA
- Experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.