Grow with us as a Manager of Category Management here in the Kellogg Sales division! You will represent Kellogg to some of the worlds most respected and recognized retail operations. While you are at it you'll be building your network and expertise in a thriving environment of professional development and teamwork. And together we'll shape a stronger future for our company and your career. WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Manager of Category Management at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
Qualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Providing category insights and recommendations to internal and external customers leveraging analytics from disparate data sources
- Uncovering key category insights and thought leadership opportunities which impact Kellogg categories and developing solution based presentations to target those opportunities
- Commercializing and providing industry, consumer and customer trends to develop strategic action plans
- Leading and presenting projects around product, placement, promotion and pricing
- Managing and developing of internal category management staff
- Leading retail customer penetration across multiple contacts and departments by leveraging team and becoming a trusted advisor
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Category Management, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- High School diploma/GED and significant CPG related experience
- High level analytical capability
- Loyalty card data mining
- Robust shopper and consumer insight experience and exposure
- High proficiency in syndicated data and shopper panel metrics
- Strong leadership, decision making capability and a proven track record of success
- Ability to penetrate senior leadership level at retailer
- Assimilating and interpreting data from multiple disparate data sources into concise action oriented recommendations
- Experience communicating complex and/or detailed information to multiple individuals/audiences with differing knowledge levels
- Experience in managing vendor/customer relationships
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Motor vehicle history with 2 or less moving violations within the last 36 months
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- BA/BS Degree plus CPG industry experience
- Strong working knowledge of Broker network
- Solid sales background
- Experience within category management field
- Proficiency in Apollo/JDA space planning software
- Development and application of advanced analytics, principles, theories and concepts in Category Management or Shopper Insights Research
- Experience providing industry, consumer and customer trends to develop strategic action plans
- A flexible work schedule and the ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- This position provides participation in one of our Fleet Program options.
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this Link for English or this Link for Spanish. #LI
A little about us: