Oliver Evans (18222), United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
Manager - Central Accounting
Are you a forward thinking analytical genius who thrives on being a key contributor in a high energy financial services organization? Do you want to work in a business-casual, collaborative environment where your contributions are recognized, successes are elevated and effort is rewarded? Our accountants are masters of accounting principles with a flawless understanding of the full end to end accounting process. You will be surrounded by intellectually curious accounting professionals every day, all with the end goal of creating a seamless, well managed client experience. As the demand for skilled accountants is at an all time high – Capital One can provide an environment where you can excel in your career while still maintaining a work life balance that others will desire.
We are seeking a highly motivated professional to join the Central Accounting team as a Manager. This team member’s primary responsibility will be to manage the Close and Consolidations team. This position will require the ability to prioritize competing demands and influence stakeholders. The individual in this role will interact with associates at all levels and will work closely with multiple teams including Product Controller teams, Technology counterparts and other internal groups.
Primary activities and responsibilities include:
- Oversee the General Ledger monthly close process, which includes oversight of intercompany elimination activity, tax entries, and preparation of consolidated results.
- Manage the team which functionally performs the close activities, ensuring sufficient review and control over the end-to-end process.
- Provide assistance in other subject matter areas of team expertise, including foreign currency exchange, internal cash, intercompany loans, and Reg W monitoring.
- Actively assess risks in the process and enhance controls as needed in order to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and oversight requirements.
- Communicate updates to leadership and other teams both within and beyond the Controllers Group as issues arise during critical monthly close timeframes.
- Monitor and measure process performance, with an eye toward optimizing efficiency and minimizing issues and interruptions.
- Support ongoing projects of varying nature on behalf of broader team.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 1+ year of PeopleSoft application experience
- CPA certification
- 3+ years of people management experience At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.