- Responsible for account management functions and customer experience for a defined segment in the Regional Market (100-5000 lives).
- Leads this team of people to ensure high customer satisfaction, profitable persistency and overall financial health for the assigned book of business.
- Manages customer relationships through team of Client Services Consultants; Handles escalated customer issues for assigned customer base; Attends client meetings where appropriate; Manages timely delivery of customer/sales/broker inquires to ensure exceptional service is delivered.
- Balances client needs with MetLife capabilities, allocates resources as appropriate.
- Manages staff of 10 to 15 Client Services Consultants (grade 28-30): Establishes both team and individual performance objectives, expectations and measures; Responsible for operational metric execution, process improvement, developmental assignments, coaching/counseling and day-to-day management.
- Motivates staff with appropriate recognition and feedback; Establishes, encourages and builds strong business relationships with other appropriate groups.
- Develops tactical plan to support strategic direction of Regional Market. Manages complex internal and external projects, assigns staff to projects that support business objectives and allow for associate development.
- Full people management responsibilities, including hiring, firing, promotions, performance and compensation management, and training and development..
- 5+ years of experience. Possesses strong leadership skills; ability to lead, develop and motivate small team.
- Experience managing client accounts and relationships.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage time efficiently in order to meet client deadlines. Analytical thinking and decisiveness.
- Strong project management skills including problem solving, attention to detail, analytical thinking and decisiveness.
- Ability to manage client expectations with MetLife capabilities and understand the impact both administratively and financially.
- Strong understanding of the U.S. economy, industry trends and legal developments impacting business.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of benefit plan administration and contracts.
- Knowledge of group insurance products, services and ability to strategically analyze the interaction of these products, services and systems.
- Self-motivated to learn more about the business and assist team members in personal development.
- High School Diploma with 10+ yrs. business experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Global Technology and Operations
Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.