Job Location: Aurora, IL or Tampa, FL
Never has there been a more exciting time to be part of MetLife! As a company, we have set an ambitious goal to become world class…and we are well on our way. We’re changing the way we work and creating the future together.
Manages account management, CSC and sales support associates for a regional market service region. Drives quality broker and customer service experiences and secures profitable revenue through the management of internal customer unit resources.
- Manages all aspects of end to end customer and broker servicing. Manages a team of account managers, client service associates and sales support associates to ensure high customer satisfaction and profitable persistency.
- Works directly with multiple customers and brokers and manages all assigned customer relationships through the team.
- Works directly and closely with multiple customers and brokers, developing and executing on account plans and stewardship meetings.
- Responds to requests and initiates contact in anticipation of emerging concerns and issues. Handles escalated customer and broker issues for assigned book of business.
- Anticipates operational problems and identifies opportunities for improvement through detailed knowledge of clients' businesses.
- Identifies and leverages best practices across regions and manages change to continue to develop and deploy improvements to the service model.
- Responsible for process improvement, developmental assignments, coaching/counseling and day to day management. Motivates staff with appropriate recognition and feedback.
- Manages, establishes, encourages and builds strong business relationships with partners, especially Sales, to deepen customer and broker relationships.
- Manages internal work teams to assure timely and accurate preparation and delivery of all services, including preparation of benefit plan objectives and analyses, trend studies, normative research, renewal and financial reports, SPDs, and/or contracts, etc.
- Drives accountability of their team by managing and monitoring key metrics and business outcomes across their teams including customer and broker satisfaction, due and unpaid bills and all other operational metrics.
- Partners with internal resources such as actuarial, IT, and claims functions to ensure timely, accurate delivery of services to customers and brokers; manages delivery of services provided by external vendors.
- Partners with colleagues to create profitable case-specific business plans and to identify revenue growth and expense reduction opportunities. Participates in developing proposals, meeting potential clients, and client presentations. Responsible for maintaining complete and accurate customer and broker data on all internal reporting systems.
- Able to manage multiple priorities.
- Accountable for informing and communicating with senior leadership.
- Full people management responsibilities, including hiring, terminations, promotions, performance and compensation management, and training and development.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- High School Diploma with 15 years industry experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of relevant business experience
- Possesses strong leadership skills; ability to lead, develop and motivate small team
- Extensive experience managing complex client accounts and relationships
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work autonomously and manage time efficiently in order to meet client deadlines
- Analytical thinking and decisiveness
- Strong project management skills including problem solving, attention to detail, analytical thinking and decisiveness
- Ability to manage client expectations with MetLife capabilities and understand the impact both administratively and financially
- Self-motivated to learn more about the business and assist team members in personal development
- Effective Communication
- Managing Multiple Priorities
- Managing Organizational Change
- Decision Making & Critical Thinking
- Managerial Courage
- Customer Service Management
- Problem Management Process
- Producing Results
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 52662