Under general direction of senior leadership, the candidate will develop and manage scientific and medical writing content to support pharmaceutical, biotech, and device technologies. The candidate will also serve as an oncology clinical resource for the development of clinical materials and implementation of medical, outcomes, quality improvement, and market research across multiple Xcenda teams.
These clinical medical writing projects include, but are not limited to: product dossiers for reimbursement and access (in the United States and global), literature reviews, abstracts and posters for presentation, peer-reviewed publications, and Microsoft PowerPoint slide decks. Strong preference for clinical background and/or experience in oncology/hematology.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Content Development (~80% of duties):
- Serve as the primary medical writer for formulary dossiers for oncology/hematology products, including dossiers following the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (AMCP) Format, WellPoint Format, and global reimbursement dossiers, among others (in MS Word)
- Serve as the primary researcher on literature review engagements
- Serve as the primary medical writer for peer-reviewed publications including manuscripts and conference abstracts and posters (authorship opportunities exist, but cannot be guaranteed), and white papers
- Develop content for clinical and scientific presentations (in MS PowerPoint) in oncology
- Provide clinical support (eg, literature search) and medical writing support for health economic and outcomes research activities, such as economic model conceptualization, planning and implementation of outcomes studies, market research, proposals or new business development, or other clinical activities
Client Focus (~20% of duties):
- Serve as the client manager on oncology medical communications projects, including the coordination and integration of scientific and medical input from internal team members and external clients to meet project deadlines, and the provision of clinical and/or strategic review of internal team member deliverables prior to delivery to clients
- Creates and executes action plans to advance oncology projects, allocating work and anticipating or identifying and resolving problems
- Assumes responsibility for on-time and on budget delivery of oncology projects, while maintaining high-quality standards
Communication / Collaboration:
- Assist in the development and sharing of medical writing and publication best practices to ensure and maintain the highest quality output consistent with Xcenda's mission and vision
- Support goals for business unit/service line growth
- Ensures timeliness, accuracy, and completeness of all services
- Works with and contributes to project team to complete projects
- Maintains 85-95% chargeability
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Advanced clinical degree (eg, MD, PharmD, BSN) in a relevant discipline as the minimum educational requirement with at least 2 years of practical experience. Board certification in oncology is desirable but not required.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong clinical skills, with extensive knowledge of oncology/hematology therapy area
- Strong writing skills, with a demonstrated record of scientific/medical publication
- Familiarity with clinical trial design and statistics and their application to the interpretation and presentation of clinical data
- Detail-oriented and experienced with fact-checking and copy-editing
- Structured and well organized with excellent work ethic
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and maintain high quality work output in a fast- paced dynamic environment while working on multiple projects
- Functions well in a team atmosphere
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detailed knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and experience with issues surrounding the marketing of pharmaceutical products in the global marketplace to include the design and use of health economics and outcomes research studies
- Strong project management skills, including establishing project timelines and milestones
- Ability to communicate complex material in presentations and discussions in a straightforward manner
- Ability to network and partner with important external customers, including pharmaceutical companies, medical thought leaders, academic institutions, large group practices, medical directors and pharmacy directors
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and associated software
Xcenda, a business unit of AmerisourceBergen Corporation, is an integrated, world-class health care consulting organization focused on value, reimbursement and patient access. For more than 2 decades, Xcenda has helped global biopharmaceutical companies as well as emerging early-phase firms successfully commercialize innovative medical treatments and technologies in complex and cost-constrained global markets. Our broad, yet strategically connected, array of consulting services supports all phases of the product lifecycle. Our experts provide customized solutions and innovative approaches that discover and communicate the value of pharmaceuticals and other healthcare technologies.
As a member of the Xcenda team, you will be working, learning, and teaching alongside intelligent, collaborative, and experienced professionals who are inspired by what they do and highly motivated to make a difference. Whether you join us in one of our core locations: Tampa, Charlotte, San Francisco, Washington D.C. or Hanover, Germany - or work remotely like many of our Associates, you will experience what we call "Commitment that Counts" - a mindset and attitude we all share. It is the commitment that we have to our clients, to each other, and to the patients we serve that makes Xcenda such a special and unique organization and more than just a place to work. We are a group of highly motivated people -- all dedicated experts in what they do -- - who value accountability, collaboration, customer focus, innovation, integrity, and passion. We believe life is meant to be pursued and enjoyed through creative thinking, ethics and bringing an entrepreneurial spirit to everything we do.
Share in our commitment to excellence. Play a vital role in helping patients gain access to life-saving therapies. Take the next step today and learn how you can join us.
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.