Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier
Our history dates back to the early 1990’s when Republic Waste Services was formed to consolidate a series of regional waste collection companies. The Company underwent a series of name changes and business transformations during the early to mid-90’s and began trading as Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG) on July 1, 1998. For the next 10 years, the Company experienced strong and dramatic growth and, in late 2008, Republic Services and Allied Waste Industries merged to create the current Company. Today, Republic Services is a Fortune 300 Company, operating across 39 states and Puerto Rico.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
This position coordinates, organizes and heads efforts to represent Republic Services favorably in the community with the goal of retaining and expanding business within the business unit. In Business Units with high Municipal contract business, the Community Relations Manager performs a wide range of activities in direct support of Republic Services’ municipal contracts. The Community Relations Manager responsibilities stem directly from commitments made by Republic Services within executed municipal contracts or as they are mutually modified. The Community Relations Manager works in collaboration with the Manager, Municipal Sales, and the Business Unit General Manager (GM), and acts as primary liaison between the Company and municipal staff who provide specific Republic Services contract oversight.
**Knowledge, Skills & Abilities**
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. • Functional knowledge and ability to use Office based programs (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook). • Ability to manager several different projects at a time. • Ability to create clear, concise detail oriented plans and complete tasks by assigned deadlines. • Effective interpersonal communication across various levels of the organization and with external customers and vendors. • Ability to interact with and present to customers and Company management on a variety of business issues. • Strong analytical skills and a focus on adding value to Company.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Business or related field. • Experience with marketing plans and development activities. • Experience with project and/or contract management. • Waste, transportation or service industry experience
• Plans programs that promote good will and fosters relationships with community leaders in cities where Republic Services currently conducts business and in communities where Republic is looking to expand or gain new business. Manages activities to meet local budget objectives. • Potentially supervises the charitable contributions program, including coordinating the approval process, screening requests for financial support and directing the disbursement of funds. • Assist with marketing efforts for Republic Services in the community. • Updates and works with the Corporate Web Administrator to manage the local Republic Services website to support and educate the community on special events, recycling programs and initiatives and company products and services. • Promotes a healthy exchange of ideas and thoughts on an informative presence as well as an entertaining one, by positively interacting with the community and local municipal officials. • Provides monthly reports to the local management team on the effectiveness of Republic Services’ community programs and initiatives. • Serves as a liaison between Republic Services and the community, by relaying community thoughts and opinions to local Republic Services management. Serves on the local Chamber of Commerce or similar type boards, and attends Chamber functions and city council meetings. • May assist in conducting interviews with the press or drafting company responses for request for information in coordination with Corporate Communications office. • Performs other job- related duties as assigned. • When supporting Business Units with high Municipal Contract business: o Oversees, adheres to and ensures compliance with agreed upon conditions that exist within Republic Services’ municipal contracts. Implements relevant actions to ensure compliance. o Engages in in-depth analysis of all municipal contract details and provides insight to the GM and the Manager, Municipal Sales regarding potential contract conflicts or opportunities. o Communicates with and visits municipal contacts regularly to maintain municipal customer confidence in Republic Services’ contract performance. o Audits, prepares and analyzes monthly and annual reports provided to both Company and municipal management. o Coordinates and assists in the creation of all communications, programs, outreach, marketing materials and reports that are directly related to the contracts to which they are assigned. o Oversees, coordinates and staffs community outreach and education events as required per contract. o Works in conjunction with municipal staff to develop and update website content, as well as printed outreach materials (art work, messaging, multilingual). The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the company.
• High school diploma or G.E.D. • Minimum of 1 year of experience in customer development, customer service, marketing, or sales. • Understanding and experience utilizing market communication tools; including social media.
**Rewarding Compensation and Benefits**
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.