Discover Financial Services is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards and pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposits through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network, which is led by three Discover businesses: Discover network, with millions of retail and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in more than 185 countries and territories.
The Manager, Competitive Intelligence role, within Discover Global Networks Global Commerce organization, reports to Senior Manager of Payment Innovation and is responsible for gathering the competitive insights, delivering the critical analysis of the intelligence and developing our competitive value proposition to distinguish our products and services. This position partners closely with product, marketing and business development leaders to uniquely position Discover solutions. This position is ideally located at corporate headquarters in Riverwoods (IL) but New Albany (OH) and Phoenix (AZ) would be considered as well. Responsibilities:
- Lead the research and analysis of all competitive intelligence data sources including pricing, product and solution offerings, promotions, partnerships, and investments
- Analyze and interpret multi-source information generating actionable insights to support ongoing product roadmaps and potential business growth opportunities
- Collaborate with internal teams to define Discovers point-of-view based on new insights and our proposed response
- Participate in cross functional research initiatives
- Manage relationships with consulting and research partners
- Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and practices #LI-BP1
- 6 years of relevant experience (preferably in product marketing or competitive intelligence)
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent experience) in a related discipline
- Experience in payments systems preferred
- Ability to gather insights and deliver analysis to senior leadership
- Ability to drive process, project and results by influencing and collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills with outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong leadership, teamwork, management and presentation skills
- Critical listening skills is desired
see job description
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.